2012 Offensive Line

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tvolsfan, Aug 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Justin's blog about the offensive line was a good read, but it had me wondering about what to expect in 2012.

1. How good will the line be? (Comparisons to Vols or other teams from the past would probably help)
    2. Will there be any changes to the starting lineup?
    3. Which offensive linemen have a chance at an NFL career?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd say it'll be the best one of the last ten years. Guard ought to be really solid, with Fulton, Bullard, Jackson, and Schofield. I guess if anything happens to James Stone, Bullard will slide to the center and Jackson/Schofield will take his spot. That's pretty solid depth for the interior. We'll see if Tiny Richardson takes over the LT spot. Probably could still use some more depth at OT, but I think I recall Bullard being able to play there, too.

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

If Harry Heistand is as good as advertised, it should be very good. Without any real knowledge of what other SEC teams OLs will look like next year, I'd still say it could be contending for the best unit in the conference.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'd say that depends on the other teams, because I don't really know who they'll all be returning. I do like our chances.