2014 Football Commits (on-going) Tracker

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by zero-sum, May 4, 2013.

Tags:
  1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

People claim he'll be a better guard than a DT. I don't know where he ends up if he comes here.

I think Tennessee gets Malone and Mosley but I'm not sure about another RB. I wouldn't be surprised if Kelly grows into a LB either.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

McDowell looks more like a LB to me.

3. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Thought the same thing about Kelly.

4. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

From a development point of view Mixon and Thomas are good takes. From an immediate impact / PT standpoint at least one more JUCO DL (hopeful that it's Reed) is needed.

Mosley's versatile

I think the injuries to QB, that Lane is oft-injured and Paulk's injury validates the need to take another RB this cycle

5. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Creamer may be one to get look as well. DE / LB

6. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

I think Creamer begins at TE. Butch will have to find at least 3 to run this offense effectively.

7. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Yep, I think Butch told him he'd get first shot on O.

There's Downs, Branisel and the versatile Stocstill who they've moved around. Ellis, Tisho and Quinn are question marks. Wouldn't surprise if one or more leave to make rm.

Downs, Branisel, Helm and Wolfe it's been awhile since we've had talent like this @ TE. Really excited about Helm, great athleticism, and good hands and speed for a TE.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Quinn leaves and the rest are walkons.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Helm could end up being the best recruit out of this class. He's a WR that is in a TE's body.

You put Creamer, Helm and Bransiel as receiving threats from the TE spot, plus Wolfe as a blocker/short threat, the offense changes drastically. You don't put Blanc or Carter on the field anymore, ever.

You then roll out North, Croom, Pig and Pearson at WR. That's immediate talent upgrade.

10. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Agree. I should have been more clear --- I think Quinn transfers to make rm. And, really, don't see a reason for Ellis or Tisho to remain. With the incoming class and and recruiting as evidenced to-date (NSD is still far off) those two will be so far dn that the only thing they will be doing during practice reps is standing and observing. lol

11. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

They obviously know what they're doing. I've been taking the approach that they'll continue taking commits from the best prospects and eventually start parting ways with others.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I'm worried we lose Helm based on his proximity to OSU. He is a ****ing stud.

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

We won't lose Helm.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I am starting to think we are trying to rebuild in 1 year.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

From everything I have heard and seen Helm loves UT and bonds very well with the class. The kid is stud.

16. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

I think we finish with Reed, Heurtelou, Mosley, and a RB who's one of Williams/Law/Scott. Malone is an extra at this point. Would love to get him but WR will be the least of our worries going forward.

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Reed, Malone, Mosely,

18. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Malone...soon. Signed financial aid agreement but has not committed. Allegedly leaked by an FSU source...smells like somebody gave FSU bad news.

19. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Is it possible that some of the legacies will simply forgo the signing of an LOI? Things that make you go hmmm...

20. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Duplicate.