2015 Gazing into my Crystal Ball

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DownNDirty, May 26, 2015.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Did score just 3 after the delay. Still, D needs to be cleaned up.

Also, Kelly Jr started playing after the delay. Hopefully him and Martin can make an impact next week.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm excited to see Martin

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Definitely.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Exactly...

I was ticked throughout the whole game with the defense, but I've settled down a little since. It's hard to not get worked up over the first game, you always wanna see them crush the opponent that they are supposed to...we had some negatives, but had some positives as well.

Ready for next week!

And it was a pleasure meeting you man. I can add to the list of the many great 8th maxim dudes I've had the privilege to meet.

5. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Assessing my Crystal Ball skills after these first 5 games:

Sept 5 - vs Bowling Green in Nashville. Vols 41 BG 26 (1-0) --------- ACTUAL Vols 59 BG 30 - I was off by 14 points. But at least Bowling Green did score well like I predicted.

Sept 12 - vs Oklahoma in Knoxville. Sooners 38 Vols 30 (1-1) ----------- ACTUAL Sooners 31 Vols 24 - I was off by 1 point. How it happened though was not at all on my radar. Good hell

Sept 19 - vs Western Carolina in Knoxville. Vols 56 WCU 17 (2-1) --------- ACTUAL Vols 55 WCU 10 - Predicted a 39 point win it was actually a 45 point win so I was 6 off. Not much to be said there.

Sept 26 - vs Florida in Gainesville. Vols 27 Gators 19 (3-1) ----------- ACTUAL Gators 28 Vols 27. Missed the prediction. Had us winning by 8 and Florida wins by 1. Botched

October 3 - vs Arkansas in Knoxville. Razorbacks 38 Vols 28 (3-2) - ACTUAL Razorbacks 24 Vols 20. I had a 10 point loss and it turned out to be a 4 point loss so I was 6 off there. I also thought Arkansas was going to be undefeated and I was way off on that. It actually is one of my bigger surprises of the year to see how they struggled. I really thought they would roll into Knoxville undefeated and full of piss and vinegar.

So, I had us at 3-2 going into this week against UGA and we are actually 2-3. I underestimated Botch's suckiness. Looking ahead to the UGA game here was my prediction from May. My Orange Tint reaction still could be right on the money - at least about UGA being fighting mad.

October 10 - vs Georgia in Knoxville. Bulldogs 24 Vols 13 (3-3)

Orange Tint - well, it was just a tough time to catch Georgia. I mean we were deflated after last week's game. And Georgia was fighting mad after barely losing to Alabama. They couldn't afford two losses in a row. I bet Georgia wins the East going away now. They may even win the National Championship by God! Wait till next year when we get to pound those puppies in their house. BUTCH