2020-21 Basketball Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Auburn shoots a ton of 3s. Packing it in and giving them open 3s not the best coaching plan

2. Ssmiff

JJJ pull-up 3 with the game tied was a JG type momentum changer. He isn't giving us much today on either end

3. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Virginia was very lucky not to lose to them in the F4

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The threes aren't killing us, it's the drives and second chance rebounds, as is usual in basketball.

5. Unimane

Actually, at this point, everything is killing us.

6. Ssmiff

All are issues but auburn 3s this half have been huge momentum changers

7. Unimane

What a joke this team is. A sub .500 team without its best two players is, again, controlling the game. Do we even give a [uck fay], at this point?

8. Unimane

All of it which has been set up by the fact we can't stop their drives and keep them off the glass. If they were cut off from the drive and just had to chuck it from the perimeter, it would nearly always end in better results for us. We can't stop a [uck fay]ing thing, though, this fraud of a defensive team.

9. Ssmiff

Pearls teams always play with a confidence to launch and spacing that allows penetration lanes. Overall offensive confidence. We don't have the confidence, multiple shooters, penetration ability or the spacing. He owns us

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

If Barnes were on the hot seat, these last three weeks would end him. Of course, those 2018 and 2019 teams, plus a winning record against Kentucky, justifiably give him years of rope. So it’s just maddening.

11. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

The last two 3s they made were contested about as well as possible.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Danny White needs the opportunity to hire a basketball coach, jmo, iyam, imo, fwiw, gbo.

13. Unimane

Which happens. But, over the course of a game, I'll take keeping teams out of the lane as a priority every single time.

14. Unimane

Honestly, I'd rather just not play next week against Florida. For one, it's probably not going to go well. Also, this team, if they ever have a chance to do anything, needs a reset or a break. They look hurt, indifferent, shell shocked, something.

Tar Volon likes this.
  15. Ssmiff

We have looked like Covid longhaulers. Getting killed on orbs and outshot by close to 20 at the ft line

16. Unimane

That makes nine straight losses to Auburn and LSU.

Nine.

Again, I'm not for firing Barnes, but I won't be broken up when he leaves.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I am.

18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

You will not live to see another coach win 8 games over Kentucky in 6 years.

19. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Think that's a good way to put it. I appreciate that job he's done stabilizing the program, and I've enjoyed a lot from his tenure so far. I'm just not super attached to him.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

True.

Those are my favorite banners in TBA.