2020-21 Basketball Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Apr 25, 2020.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Couldn’t watch it today but checked in on it twice. First time down 12. Second time up 10. Life comes at you fast

hohenfelsvol and justingroves like this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm guessing they are still a 7 seed. Could work their way to a 6 in SECT, but don't seem them climbing higher than that.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

Kinda feel like whatever team shows up any given day means more than whatever seed line we end up on

Tar Volon likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, they're a dangerous team for anyone if they show up.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

6. JohnnyQuickkick

Or they could lose to Hofstragate if they don’t

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I dont see this season as a failure as some do. Struggles yes. Poor play at times, yes. But we weren't even sure we would get to play. Had players sick, a couple longhaulers, and injuries to fulk, pons, jjj and Springer that affected their play and resulted in some missed games.
    Before the season if you told me we would win 17 of 24 games, beat Ky, KS, UF, GA, Vandy twice (I realize some of those are down but don't care due to the name on the jersey) and a ranked Arkansas team with the COY, I'd say give it to me.

IP likes this.
  8. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Eh. Definitely below expectations. But they performed well enough this season to make me care about the tournaments. Add another awesome Recruiting class and let's hope for better health/chemistry next year.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

as i mentioned, some times of poor play and a few L's I'd like to have as W's, but hoops is different for me. Some nights the ball just doesn't bounce right or you run into a guy who can't miss and L's happen, unless you are Gonzaga, loaded and playing shit teams most of the time.
    Personally, with no true pg or post, my expectations weren't as high this year as others. That said, if Fulk comes back, one of the freshmen stays, and Chandler is what I think he is, with Vescovi and Bailey spotting up, I will have higher expectations next year than this.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would have taken that if offered in a year of COVID, as well.

justingroves likes this.
  11. CardinalVol

Fulk is done. No way he comes back.

Would not be shocked if both freshmen left.

I said 12-6ish would be out conference record, but man this team has looked flat awful at times.

But, it's March and this is what you remember.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I would be shocked if either freshman stayed. Like more than Peyton Manning staying stunned. Springer has been on a clear business decision for years and Keon has way too much potential to pass up a top ten possibility.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I really think they should go, with where they are on draft boards. You have to take the money when it is there.

Tar Volon likes this.
  14. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

So we are 18 in the net. If we are only going by that it puts us as a 5 with a legit shot to move up to a 4 if we took down Florida/Bama. I think we locked in a 6 though with a win against UF and 10-7 record.

Quad 1 record is decent at 6-5 but quad 2 is 1-2.

Our RPI is shit though at 64.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And Tennessee has Rick Barnes!

CardinalVol likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

But it's March, and this is what you try to forget.

A-Smith likes this.
  17. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Currently last 6 seed according to Lunardi.

18. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

They get to the sweet 16 no one will think about the season failures, we're a critical fanbase if we're losing and very forgiving when we're winning.

justingroves likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Will this be true if in 3 years, 3 contributors are playing in the NBA?

20. CardinalVol