2024 Recruiting Class Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by govols182, Oct 16, 2022.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Golesh is a DUDE and appears was 100% ready to take the reigns of a program. I want guys like that on staff and I hope Heupel shows to have an eye for this in the future.

Memtownvol likes this.
  2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I could see Golesh being the head coach at a place like Arkansas come this time next year

3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Yeah I’m not saying it would surprise me necessarily, just that I’m not aware of past chatter about that kind of thing.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yes, he did. But I think this particular player figured out he could or was going to play much faster under Golesh (who was also the TE coach, remember) at USF and so he went that route instead.

TE is one of those positions where I think it might be more beneficial for a power 5 coach to pluck from the group of 5 schools after a couple years of development. That is, unless you have a Brock Bowers committed, and that guy is a white whale.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

CU had 6 recruits. Is Sanders planning on leaving at the end of next season?

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

and one of the 6 is Seaton, their highest rated recruit, and it’s sounding like he won’t sign with them.

justingroves likes this.
  7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It'd be hard to convince me his was ever a long term plan.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I wouldn’t want to go play where focus is more on hired guns thru portal than building a program, developing kids and filling holes thru portal.

9. Ssmiff

10. Ssmiff

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think he thought he could waltz in there with his name alone and win 10 games, found out it's a little harder at a P5 school than Jackson State, and now is just waiting for his son the graduate.

12. Ssmiff

He’s also got to rely on the kids and handlers who get hyped and fall for bullshit, while also gaining the reputation of being buddy buddy with star players and treating bench and role players like shit.
    The #1 Colorado lineman liked our culture and basically called Primes act a tired one. “I don’t really care for it..”

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

justingroves likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

See @HCKevinSteele,
    One player could jump us several spots in the rankings so the difference definitely is 1-4 recruits between a top 15 class and a top 5.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

In the two previous classes, Heupel has added people after early signing day that bumped us in the rankings that still paid attention. We aren't done yet and we aren't likely to fall.

16. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Heupel playing the long game

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

SetVol13, justingroves and IP like this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Florida is like Texas. There is plenty of talent around and it can't all go or get in at Florida, Florida State, and Miami.

zehr27 likes this.
  19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It would be hard to convince me to hire him after this adventure

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

It feels like whenever he does go, Colorado will not be better off than when he arrived. Which is saying something because they were 1-11 before he got there. He came in to a tear-down, and will leave a tear-down. Maybe they'll have some fun in between but you can't build up a program this way.

warhammer and VOLinDAWGland like this.