2024 Recruiting Class Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by govols182, Oct 16, 2022.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's a lot of negative recruiting against his offensive system. A lot of college coaches scream it won't prepare them for the nfl. If Hendon becomes a successful NFL qb, that goes away.

Memtownvol likes this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

And I don’t get that. I guess due to speed, hashes, routes or whatever but it requires quick reads to know who is open, on the part of the wr and qb. Hooker may be just reading the safety hips on a play but damn how do people think Peyton and Brady picked people apart. Quick reads and got rid of it.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Honestly, the NFL probably needs to figure out how to make better use of the QBs they’re getting. It’s not 1983 any more.

4. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

If he gets drafted in 1st 2 rounds with an ACL and his age, that will be a huge statement for this program.

Poppa T likes this.
  5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Heupel needs to start putting them in every year or put in a big one. I hope Hooker makes a big name for himself. He deserves it.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

And with all the Natty’s it’s not like Bama is pumping out superstar QBs in the NFL I mean who thought Hurts would be the most successful Bama QB of the Saban era. And you are going to tell me Lloyd Carr and Mike DeBord are the QB whisperers of the greatest QB of all time. System my ass. If you are great you will be great. And some guys just get to the NFL and flourish out of nowhere. Sure it will help our case if Hooker has some success but there are quite a few NFL QBs that came from WTF staff. And plenty of sure things that busted.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's all logical and true, but one thing. Are you a 17-18 year old boy, fleet of feet, able to process information about your surroundings in a split of a split second, and blessed with a quick fire cannon permanently latched to your side? Those are the folks who have to think that same way. Negative recruiting is what what it is. It doesn't have to be true or logical so long as it is persuasive. It doesn't help when talking heads start the system quarterback talk.

8. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Merklinger announcing tomorrow

9. Ssmiff

Can he run?

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Vol

Poppa T and IP like this.
  11. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

His video looked pretty good as a runner

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

And, he's a Vol. Seems like we could get our pick of QBs for the near future, at least, with Heupel.

13. Ssmiff

Well somebody give me some analysis. Is it ok to say I kinda prefer black qbs in this system?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

You worried about skin cancer risk in this offense?

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

His highlights show he can definitely sling it.

16. Ssmiff

more mobile qb less likely to get it. Study’s show.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

That pale feller from UGA with the car dealership name was pretty quick at the combine.

18. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Hendon isn’t exactly Mike Vick. This kid looks every bit as agile as him.

19. Ssmiff

stetson was a baller. We will beat them this year with him gone and our offense additions using the RB.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's right there with congratulating potentially pregnant women.

Okay okay, that's probably last time I bring it up.

PilotFlyingJ and Poppa T like this.