2024 Spring Practice

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Mar 18, 2024.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Carter is going to be pretty damn good too

2. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

And Telander

zehr27, chavisut and Volgrad98 like this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And Bobby Boucher

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm curious about Jalen Smith, too. Thought he was an underrated recruit coming out.

SetVol13 likes this.
  5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We have a good group of young guys and LB. I think 2025 is going to be our year if we are going to make a legit run.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

2025 will be a legit run for a repeat, right?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Rosters are less stable these days. Hard to say what it looks like next year now.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed, we will have to keep the pieces in place but if we do look out.

9. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

If I was a college kid that could make a million or two over a 4 year period, I would be set for life without having to worry about the pros. Some kids will jump for the cash. Some will jump for the PT.

The transfer portal in its current state will affect qualty depth more than anything, imo.

The bottomline, it will boil down to what is important to a kid (and their family in some cases). And a coaching team being able to identify that, how it fits and manage it. At their (college coaches) pay rate, I don't feel bad for them. I feel pretty good about Heuple's system and how he might handle.

I am like others, the potential impact to TTSIO and other regional tradional college competions will have more impact on me and my view of college sports.

The good news, I am old enough to have enjoyed that traditional competive element for most of my lifetime. The bads news, I'm old.