23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He can’t be allowed to shoot in big games. Layups only

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

5-21 from 3

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Considering how godawful we just shot the ball, I’ll take being down 2 on the road at the half

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, hard to complain about the looks. Just went cold for a bit.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I feel like we outplayed them in that half and are behind. I'm not sure whether that's a bad sign (because maybe we won't keep playing so well) or a good sign (we won't keep missing so many shots). Also we get three guys back this half. Could've maybe used them before the end of the half, but given we played them dead even for ten minutes without Aidoo or Awaka, I can't totally blame Barnes for leaving them on the bench.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Needed more from zz last 2’but tougher with 3 starters on bench

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We might not win this basketball game but I 100% think we have a better basketball team.

Tar Volon likes this.
  8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Hopefully actually having bigs in the 2nd half helps.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He was really good early. Then he took one of those deep 3’s that only he seems to take, and it was all downhill from there.

A-Smith likes this.
  10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Officials control the game and the conference. Stop pandering to these [uck fay]ing retards.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t understand why we didn’t play Awaka at least a little with 2 fouls.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It just seems like one of those games that Alabama is just going to be able to will a victory at home with the SEC on the line. I agree we’re better

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I thought it was a mistake to hold them both out. Roll the dice a little.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How long til they plaster Aidoo’s 3rd on him? First 2 minutes of the 2nd half?

15. Tar Volon

I think putting one back in is more a roll of the dice, and I think it would've been justified, but also our small-ball lineup did fine until Knecht went out.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Needed some sort of change up once we went cold. I would have brought Awaka back as DK went to the bench.

Tar Volon likes this.
  17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

See above.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

think foul trouble had a lot to do with more 3s, though we had a lot of open looks too

19. Tar Volon

We got good looks, also our three best guys for scoring at the basket are on the bench.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Usually I think when a team has that many good looks and misses them and are below their average, it bodes well for them in the second half.