23 NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Not one KSU player started out at KSU.

2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Dusty May is going to be able to name his job this year or next year.

3. Ssmiff

Bunch of A personality ballers on this court. 4/1 is hard to match up with when all 4 will shoot the 3 or drive.

4. Ssmiff

And again FAU speed shows up not only spreading the floor on offense but doubling KSU up on the boards, faster to the ball again. They all seem to rebound like Rodman did, watching the ball and getting to where they expect the bounce to be, not just boxing out and staring at the rim waiting to react.

IP likes this.
  5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I maintain that we were scrambling so bad that we lost a lot of the ability to anticipate rebounds

6. Ssmiff

I disagree with those who say we are a better team than FAU. Think they’d beat us 6 or 7 of 10. Too many weapons

7. Ssmiff

And KSU with a pg who left his Little Rock team during the season, and a 6’10 athletic 4 who didn’t play HS basketball. Played at NYC parks.
    Crazy year

8. KyleAlexanderfan

We aren't beating anyone decent shooting 33%.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

We are better than they are and would beat them 6 out of 10 times.

emainvol likes this.
  10. KyleAlexanderfan

I figured we would get run out of the gym by Kstate but now I feel like our defense would’ve shut them down.

11. Unimane

They are a good team, but they never really were too impressive to me. They lost to Kansas and Texas, who we beat, and barely got by a bad LSU team at home.

12. Unimane

Kind of annoyed, really.

13. KyleAlexanderfan

FAU gets their final 4 before us.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

WOW!!! Hitting Free Throws in the clutch. So that is what that looks like.

15. Unimane

I wonder what this would've looked like had the officials correctly called the held ball in FAU's first round game with Memphis. They would be out, but do we lose to Memphis?

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I think it's an even match-up. 5-5 split.

justingroves and InVolNerable like this.
  17. Ssmiff

They have several players who can break down their man and 8 who will pull up from 3. We have 4 who will pull up and 2 of them are Key and ON, and only Mashack who can attack off the dribble.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think either team could win 4 to 6 games in a 10 game series.

19. KyleAlexanderfan

Memphis plays selfish I bet we beat them. FAU got bailed out that first game, drew a terrible FDU and then it took us shooting abysmal and not interesting in rebounding. This was their most complete game.

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

K-State has been to the elite three times in the past 13 seasons. They’re 0-3 and the losses came to Butler, Loyola, and FAU. Probably a tough pill to swallow for the fanbase.