24-25 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tar Volon, Mar 31, 2024.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We will be able to go big or spread it out. Having options for matchups is nice.

IP likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

And maybe they play a deeper rotation in general.

3. Ssmiff

Mashack and Gainey can buy minutes there. Not worried about pg except for when zz is gone. Gainey ballhandling should improve.

IP likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

We can also go 6’11 and 6’11 if we want along with 6’7 Dubar, Mashack and zz. Talk about mauling teams for a few minutes

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not saying I disagree or know better, but JJJ has 2 inches and 20 pounds on Mashack. I'm not sure I love him at the 4.

Yeah, definitely fine with ZZ getting some rest. Just don't see it ever being very much, with him being our best defender and so integral for driving the offense.

We will see what happens. I think I'm worried about whether Carr will get enough minutes to grow into the great player he looks like he can be.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We’ve got what? Four guys from the regular rotation coming back, four portal guys either committed or reportedly leaning our way, two freshmen that we’re hoping step into bigger minutes?

Barnes doesn’t usually go ten deep, but I think Zeigler is the only one of those ten who (currently) looks like a 35+ minute guy, and it gives you a little cover in case of injuries or guys not developing the way you want. Hard balance between trying to get everybody minutes while making sure you’re not relying on Gainey for 40 minutes a game. Then you’ve got Phillips probably in the Estrella spot-duty role and Boswell probably redshirting. That seems plausibly flexible enough to make sure guys like Carr are getting their time without being totally devastated if they can’t make the leap.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Milicic committed to Tennessee.

BleedOrange12 likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

6' 10" and shoots nearly 40% from outside. Yes please.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Get Lanier and this is going to be another great run.

A-Smith likes this.
  10. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

And then Awaka immediately to Arizona.

11. Ssmiff

Different offensive options again. Milicic release is quick and smoothe. He doesn’t move like our normal 6’10 guys.
    At times we could go 5 wide and have 3 pt shooters at every spot.

12. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Hate losing Awaka, but this is an upgrade.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We’ll see about that, I guess, but the potential is there.

14. yont sum iss?

If we get Lanier, this feels like a potentially much more balanced offensive team.

15. Ssmiff

We’ve been begging for stretch 4 for years who can pull the defender out and hit that shot from the top of the key in some of our sets. 2 man pick and pop with Ziegler all day. only had pick and roll with Aidoo and Tobe.

BleedOrange12 likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wonder what it would look like with Lanier too.

A-Smith and BleedOrange12 like this.
  17. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

18. yont sum iss?

Aidoo to Arkansas lol

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Judging by the fat chicks in that state, they love soft [itch bay]es so that should be a good fit for him.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Love the idea of his skill set, but I wonder how well it will translate against SEC level defenders.

What's he like defensively? Can he guard the perimeter and down low equally well? If he can't get out on the perimeter, I'm not sure how much he can truly play with Okpara.