8/7/14 practice notes

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorthGaVol, Aug 7, 2014.

1. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2014/08/07/video-highlights-tennessees-6th-practice/

Surprise, surprise, Worley looks like shit.

2. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

Rucker: #Vols coaches/players won’t stop raving about Fr D-ends Derek Barnett and Dewayne Hendrix. Those two Top247 signees are legit. Instant help.

I'm pleasantly surprised with the DL and the entire defense in general, so far. Although, I'm sure it's easier to play defense when you know the QB will skip two out of every three balls in the dirt.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

This just absolutely shocks me.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

North comes down with a tough catch on an under thrown Worley pass sounds a little familiar to me and I think we might hear that a time or two this year

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

You left out his above average accuracy when delivering the ball to a guy outta the backfield.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Didn't a commentator in one of the games last year, congratulate Worley for massively under throwing the receiver? Seems like he said something to the extent of, "If you're going to miss a throw you want to miss it short."

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Sounds like a Matt Millen comment.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If only Peterman could translate practice to game time. Do we dare give him another shot, but bring him off the bench in the Utah St game?

9. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

He was playing with and against the 3rd String D.

I'll hold my optimism.

10. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

I think that was Gary Danielson during the Georgia game. IIRC, it was a play when Worley waited entirely too long to throw the ball to the open receiver across the middle of the field and had it been on target, it would've been picked off by a linebacker.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

see, sometimes inaccuracy is a good thing. #TrueFan

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

You feel bad for the kid that he played that bad on a team that wasn't good enough to help him any.

That said, can Jones take the chance? He got a small amount of heat for the decision after the fact but not really that much. If he trots him back out there again and he has a similar outing then that small amount of heat turns into a dump truck load. Im not sure Jones wants that in a year where he needs more positive.

13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

That was against UGA, and if he had thrown it accurately it was a pick.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

About Peterman, I'm going to preface this by saying that it was the most atrocious QB play I've ever seen, period. However just like Dobbs, he did not get any help at all from the playcalling. They had no confidence in him being able to do anything but throw deep or throw screens. The dropped balls didn't help either. And they should have pulled him after he injured his hand, but that's probably more on Peterman cause he was probably the only one who knew how much it was hurting him.

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

That is probably only time being a terrible QB worked to his advantage.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Hell. No.

See my comments in the 8/8/14 Practice thread.