A loss tonight

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Bassmanbruno, Feb 26, 2014.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

2. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

It is like being stuck in a car that is stranded on train tracks. You see the train coming but can't do anything to save yourself.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Per a friend in the AD -

"There is a better chance Gruden is coaching on the sidelines against Utah State than Pearl being hired back."

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

That would be a good thing.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

What do you know? The petition from all the mouth breathers will prevail. #GBO

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I would be fine with it happening, but would be shocked if it did happen. Having said that I, with others, still think Martin is back next year regardless.

Just don't trust the admin on this one.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The most frustrating thing about the Pearl stories is all this commentary they generate about how Cuonzo wouldn't be on the hotseat if Pearl weren't around.

Bull. Shit.

That people believe this is baffling to me. Yet, from what I've heard second-hand in NC, it seems to be a majority or very large minority position in TN.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Uh, ya that is BS. From day 1, it was discussed here that 3 years is plenty of time for a coach to turn things around. That is something I read Hatvol state more than once regarding college basketball, and it seems completely reasonable. Going into year 3, many of us said now or never. And many of us want no part of Pearl. Pearl is irrelevant to the lack of production and development occurring.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Martin would still be on the hotseat but the fact Pearl is out there is kind of a rallying point for the UT fan equivalent of the low information voter. There's a lot of people out there who only give a crap because of what Pearl accomplished, and there he is sitting out there.

That's my biggest objection to it all. The low information crowd is driving the bus on this movement.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pearl hanging around Knoxville and wearing orange ties puts the thought he's coming back to Tennessee in the head of the mouth breathers.

Yes, Pearl being available has the low iq fan in an uproar for him.

Now, Counzo is not a great basketball coach. He shouldn't be the head basketball coach at Tennessee. There's a lot of reasons for that. Pearl being available is not one of those reasons to anyone with a brain.