A Wish List: Jones' Replacement

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 20, 2016.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Nothing says "worth the risk" like a guy who covers up gang rapes. Any school that hires that shitbag deserves to be nuked.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Come on. Are we going to let a few gang rapes obscure the greatness of a coach who can hang 80 on the Texas States and Louisiana-Monroes of the world?

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I couldn't even agree to interviewing him. That's without all the baggage, read crimes, that comes with him.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Coaching search discussions brings out the stupid in some people.

5. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Not to mention, Jimmy Hyams twitted that Briles' mother got in an altercation and arrested at the Texas Bowl in 2007. Explains a lot of things.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Dabo is working on his 6th 10 win season on a row. At Clemson. I repeat, at Clemson.

His teams run through brick walls for the guy and players get better over time.

Yes, he's a goofball, but it would play well to the masses of awrange colored glass wearing fools.

I'll gladly take an annual 10 and 2 on average coach because that means on occasion he's going to win 11 plus.

He's one of the top 10 coaches in football right now and arguably as high as number 4.

7. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

At this point, why would he leave for anywhere but Bama? Clemson is a better job right now.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Cannot argue with that.

Hence why I said pay the man.

And honestly, I don't think he could cut it at bama. Not rigjt after saban. Would be like the reverse of when Michigan went from Carr to rich rod. Would just shock the entire system too much.

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm really not as sure about Dabo as some guys. He's fielded far more average teams than great ones, and his competition hasn't been much either.

What is his record against good teams? Against 10 teams? Didn't Spurrier have a long winning streak against him?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

He's about to complete a 2nd consecutive undefeated regular season. What was the last power 5 team to do that?

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Spurrier owned him but he was in his head worse than he was in Fulmer's

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Jimbo has accomplished more than Dabo, do we want Jimbo?

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Dabo is what we wish Butch was. His biggest strength is in hiring coaches

14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

You ever had a time where you aren't using your mind, and just reacting without thinking? That's what happened when I typed that post, and reading it back, it looked real shitty. I just puked out a thought without thinking it over.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

To be fair, it is a lot easier to be successful at Florida State than it is at Clemson. Florida State is a school that recruits itself and is in one of the most talent rich states in the country.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Let LSU have him

17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I don't. He'd be better than what we have, but still think there are plenty of better options.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Me too.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yes

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

If going the scumbag route, just hire Petrino. At least his issues were with consenting females.