Albert Haynesworth

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by GoVols2003, Nov 1, 2017.

1. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Live on 92.9 ESPN in Memphis right now. Total evisceration of Butch and staff right now. Started slow, but he is giving examples of staff stupidity.

2. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

He basically said Barnett wasn’t coached up... nor Sutton or Dobbs

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The truth shall set you free, I've always heard.

volkayaker likes this.
  4. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Albert sounded a little drunk at first, but when got rolling.. whoo boy.

They then had Chris Low in who said TN has tried to hire the big names but got turned down since Fulmer and TN was the 5th or 6th best job in SEC

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

So full of shit. In 2009, the best available hire was made by Tennessee. Tennessee did do a very stupid thing in hiring Dooley. They compounded the problem by hiring dipshit

warhammer, gcbvol and tvolsfan like this.
  6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Chris Low is a dildo.

utvol0427 likes this.
  7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

That’s why this hire is so important. It’s not just about upgrading. The brand of the football program is at stake.

volkayaker likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm guessing he's getting ready to do a follow up story on the wife of a fired coach.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This is it exactly. It's time to prove the program relevant or give in to the cacophony of naysayers who would align the program as the next Vanderbilt. Every bad hire moves the program further toward irrelevance and obscurity.

tvolsfan likes this.
  10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

We're at that point now. The wrong move here and we'll probably not see a competitive Tennessee football squad again for decades.

11. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

This is why 16 and other former Vols who have significant NCAA/NFL experience should be leading the search or at the least be very involved. It's hard to imagine John Currie talking any of the big names into coming here. All the pieces are in place (facilities, traditions, $$$, fan support, etc.), but they're going to have to sell this job.

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It is full of shit, not because it's exactly wrong, but because it is exactly the wrong way to look at it.

Florida should be a better job. Bama is, mainly because of the guy that is holding it. LSU and UGA and A&M might arguably be if you only look at today, but are generally about even. But that doesn't matter one damned bit, because:

1. They are all really, really good, top of the profession jobs;
    2. Only UT and Florida are open;
    3. They are all close enough that a good personality fit, or a little more money, or an affinity for saltwater taffy can sway any particular candidate at any particular time.

Tennessee, and Tennessee's stupid sportswriters, can poormouth the job to excuse bad hires. We have as good of a package as anybody can offer if only we will offer it to the right person.

volkayaker likes this.
  13. cotton

I have a hard time understanding how a committee of people who have never hired a coach would do a better job than allowing the person whose job it is to hire a coach do that job.

14. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

The bean counters have done such a good job the last 3 times

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Currie has never hired a football coach, either. Might as well lean on those that have more inside knowledge than you might have.

16. cotton

Who hired the coach at Bama? At Michigan? At Ohio St? At any successful program you'd like to emulate?

It wasn't ex-players.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  17. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

This isn't the same program that it was prior to Fulmer's declining years. You can tout the all-time tradition as a top 10 program, but we've fallen pretty far since 2008. imo, you can just back a dump truck of $$$ up to a prospective coach's house and have him come running. In the mid 2000s, yeah you probably could have done that. Not now.

The firing process (if it ever happens) has been a shit show. The Kendrick fiasco just adds to the dysfunctional appearance of the UTAD.

18. cotton

You are assuming these things because rumors are running rampant and Clay Travis wrote an article. It's also Currie is the coolest mother[uck fay]er in the room and is the only one acting rationally. Until something visible happens, this is all speculation.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If I am the AD, I'd probably have a group of external people for each sport I would call on and gague their opinions to see if mine are far off. When the time comes to make a change, I'd ask them for their thoughts on who I should go after given parameters. And then see what they say, if they can offer help then ask for it, and go from there.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The first paragraph is bullcrap. Upper tier facilities, venue, money, history make it a plum job no matter the past two (or three if you like) coaches. The recruiting base is improving as well. The only solid argument, outside of the last 24 hours of concussiongate, is that it's not a turnkey setup for the next coach. Piss on that. What's needed is a turnkey coach, not some pissant wanting a turnkey setup.