Anthony Jordan.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by MettaWorldPeace, Feb 24, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

it was a bad call at the time, but this angle makes it completely indefensible

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It also took 5 minutes to overturn it and hand out the flagrant.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Did I hear correctly that he made more calls during the game than the other 2 officials combined?

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Yes. 44 calls (29 against UT) vs 42 for the other 2 guys combined.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If I recall, he called more fouls on UT than the other 2 called combined for both teams. Hope thats right because it sounds worse.
    Edit: i see Jay had the right numbers

JayVols likes this.
  6. JayVols

I might be talking out of my ass on 99% of the things I say, but when it comes to blasting refs, I know my shit.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I remembered hearing the the ratio of calls he made against UT but didnt know if I heard that part correctly.

That makes the percentage against UT even more egregious. That's not even trying to hide it.

JayVols likes this.
  8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The only thing that came of that play was a foul added to each player's total. We missed both free throws, and a phantom off ball foul stole our free possession.

Hard to believe that we can take a bow to the face and come out with a net negative.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is the call that perplexed me the most - even after the review clearly shows that Grant didn’t touch the guy, and the LSU player was called for a flagrant foul, they still upheld Grant’s foul - and even AFTER they reviewed it.

This guy needs to geaux for incompetence, LSU fan or not.

JayVols likes this.
  10. Tenacious D

It would only take 5 minutes if you were trying to find a way NOT to call a flagrant.

JayVols likes this.
  11. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

It was an awful call, but i wonder if they are able to subtract the foul on Grant there? I know some subjective calls are not reviewable, but the flagrant obviously was.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

How can you keep this guy in a league knowing he openly roots for a team in the league? You cannot even just not let him ref non-LSU games as they can still affect LSU.

If I am Heavy, I am demanding this guy never ref a UT game again, ever, and that he be dismissed from the league ASAP.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

the new sentinel article has barnes quotes that indicate he believes the league is going to take some sort of corrective action against Jordan at some point.

14. Tenacious D

I think that this has the potential to be a much bigger scandal than what it even now appears. I think shit like this is rampant, tbh. Maybe not allowing team allegiances to dictate or influence calls, but surely, personal feelings / sentiments. Doesn’t the SEC have a rule in football that prohibits a referee from calling any game involving their home state team, or any institution that they attended or graduated from? Maybe it’s no longer a rule, but I’m certain that I’ve heard that somewhere before.

The SEC has released a statement saying that the ref was asked about the pic, and he said that he only took and posted it because he found it noteworthy that he saw an SEC shirt in some far-flung location, and not because he’s an LSU fan. If anything ties him to LSU beyond that reasoning, and someone can find and prove it...you’re now well beyond a simple misinterpretation, and into deceit...or maybe even a cover up. And if it is a bigger problem, I want to see it exposed to the light of day.

I wish that there was a repository of data on referees, like game stats, and which you could refer to, because I swear that I feel like Tennessee hasn’t gotten a terrible whistle all season long. Not shooting our first free throw until 16 minutes to go in the second half versus Kentucky leaps to mind.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

he graduated from Southern University. that's the historically black university and a state land grant institution in-- Baton Rouge, LA. you know, where that other flagship land grant Louisiana university is.

16. JayVols

See Al Matthews....

17. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

So - Is he calling any midweek games?

18. Tenacious D

Holy shit - never saw that. This is widely known by Vol Twitter and elsewhere?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

don't know. maybe not widely known, or realized the proximity of the schools. Class of '99 at Southern. It's like going to Maryville College and being into sports but not caring at all about UT. Preposterous.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

just verified it by checking his Facebook.