AP Poll: Bama New #1 (Vols 27th)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Fresh from the AP, BAMA leaps USCw after throttling Michigan.

Tennessee gets 73 votes (up from 15 in last week's poll), good for 27th, after handling NC State.

Boise State falls out after losing to Michigan St.

Notes Dame leaps in after drubbing Navy in Dublin.

Link: 2012 NCAA College Football Polls and Rankings for Week 2 - ESPN

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Surprised Florida stayed in honestly.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Next week #22 ND hosts Purdue next week, and #21 Kansas State hosts Miami, and #24 Florida plays at TAMU. So definitely a chance for us to sneak in there.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We are the underdog against the Gators regardless of rankings.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We are 23rd in ESPNs power rankings. Florida is 25th.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

They shouldn't ahve. they looked terrible. Stanford shouldn't be ranked either. That's a 5 or 6 win team I saw last Friday. I bet boise would beat both by double digits.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Win games and the rankings will come. I am glad to see us getting some love though. A win over FL = Top 25 easily.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I just saw that Staples has us at #23 in his poll.

Can I just say how nice it is to actually see us ranked by someone again, I don't care how irrelevant it is?

9. Tenacious D

There's obviously some merit to that line of thought....BAMA has turned that flawed logic into 12 "national titles", that is unless they've "found" another since I started typing this post.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Sab had us in his top 25, just sayin', bro......:):popcorn:

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Where's he at nowadays? Dying to get my Recruiting Fix to find out which beasts went silent vol after watching us smash NC State.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

VolNation - View Profile: OCIVol

13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I think we are a top 25 team (barely). However, I can easily see where others need to be convinced. We've sucked so hard the last couple of years that few are giving us the benefit of a doubt.

14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I keep trying that approach but then remind myself of what I witnessed from "Top 25" teams this past weekend. Granted, it was the first week but some of those teams really had me scratching my head at their preseason rankings. Everything I've read keeps saying that NC State is a good team. I guess we'll find out one way or the other but it's hard to tell just how good we are right now. That article has some merit though. I do think people see names instead of actually paying attention to what those teams are doing. One thing's for sure though, if we win, the rankings will come.

16. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Wanna bet?

17. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

ND will win
    K St. will win

Florida may lose

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Agreed on K State and Irish. I don't think Florida can muster enough offense on the road against an athletic A&M defense. It also helps that A&M is fresh and has a full game tape on the Gators. Should be entertaining.

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

FWIW, the GOY line was Gators by a figgie. So you have to count on a lot of perceptions changing. Which, after last week, they very well may.

20. Tenacious D

Their billboard ad shenanigans aside, I feel the same way JT5....I think that aTm beats the Gators this weekend.

They will then proclaim themselves "SEC-capable" and rent a billboard in Manhattan, challenging the Giants.