Are we so lucky?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DC Vol, Oct 27, 2014.

1. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

gonna have to get an update on monte's status.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Oh man, don't say such things. I got a sickness in my stomach knowing that, both, he would be a disaster as a HC and we are the type of AD to do something like this. I feel dizzy now.

3. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Let him go.............if we could just land a competent hire. And these are just off the top of my head and I may be a little off base on a couple of them but I think for the most part I'd take any of these and be much happier than I am with BJ.

Rich Rodriguez
    Rhett Lashley
    Gary Patterson
    Mark Dantonio
    Ruffin McNeill
    David Cutcliffe
    Pat Narduzzi
    Todd Graham

4. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I'm just torn because if he goes we like like asses again as a school. And upsetting the whole program once again. But if we could get a high end coach that would make up for it all. I have no confidence or administaration could get a high end coach.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

a downgrade from the crap we have now? We hired away the guy Colorado was courting. Downgrade would require active looking and intent.

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Don't think for a second that that idea wouldn't be strongly considered. Hart doesn't like coaching searches and he'd be able to pass it off as consistency.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If it was a given the admin was competent in any form it would make it easier.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

tbh I'd be pretty stunned if they did that. Jancek on the other hand...

9. JohnnyQuickkick

this is why I feel like it would be like taking your car back to the mechanic who ****ed it up the last time

10. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

We are 4-24 over the last 3.5 seasons in the conference.

We can't look any more like asses.

11. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Baja would follow Butch to wherever he goes. Same with the rest of the merry bunch.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

To the layman football fan, Bigeastian is an up and comer who narrowly missed getting a HC job in the MAC last year. Hart doesn't pay much more attention to the climate of the football program than said layman fan.

13. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

If Jones leaves and we hand the keys over to Bajakian I will quit UT football.

14. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

You certainly wouldn't be the only one. I would be done with them if they didn't go outside of the current coaches to fill a void. But I can't imagine Michigan will actually get Butch. Unless he somehow stumbles into 4 straight wins to end the year and suddenly looks like a hot commodity.

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

ignore post. made no sense.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
  16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Seeing as how he was adamant in the post game that Dobbs hadn't secured the QB job, i'd say swinging 2 wins will be unlikely.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

He could see Jancek as that "longtime SEC guy who's ready for his shot" too

18. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

He was adamant today in his presser that the QB competition is open. They were going to try and get Worley ready to go, lol. Gotta love top button Jones.

19. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

For the record, I would rather keep Butch if the current administration (Hart/Cheek) are the ones that would be doing the hiring.

20. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Oh, this wasn't satire that was making fun of all the stupid reasons sheep should "Support Butch Jones!"?

Lot of "lawl"ness in here.