Auburn 3/9

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 9, 2019.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Only saw the replay once but 99% sure you’re right.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t understand this position or reaction.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It was a half-assed effort with everything on the line.

Unimane and OneForVol like this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And none of us understand your comprehension of basketball so it all evens out.

5. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

This team is nearly unstoppable offensively when they get Grant the ball at the top of key or on block where he can distribute the ball. Schofield should also get the ball more on the block bc he is rarley doubled down there.

6. RockyHill

That Bone three in the corner when his man had to help Grant’s defender was textbook. That’s easy money when you have that matchup advantage.

OneForVol likes this.
  7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I did. Who’s Auburn’s Chris Lofton?

You stated that they take late, contested three’s “because they can make them.” Am i misquoting you?

Personally, I don’t know why they stopped at 61% of their shots being 3’s. Should probably bump it to at least 85%. They can make ‘em, after all.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm completely in the dark as to what we're going to get from this team in the tournament.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think it’s fair to say we didn’t match their intensity. I don’t think it’s fair to call it a half assed effort.

I thought the great swat late in the possession that led to a wide open 3 was a major punch in the gut. To go from what should have been getting the ball down 3 to getting the ball down 6 instead, that late in the game? Hard to come back from that.

10. RockyHill

Bryce Brown is their Chris Lofton. Is he as good? No, he obviously is not. But if you leave him any space at all he will burn you. So his defender often needs help. That opens the floor for other players. They don’t just take late and contested threes. They take plenty early in the shot clock that are facilitated by Harper’s speed and athleticism.

You know jack shit about basketball, that much is clear.

11. Dalekanium

Dalekanium Chieftain

As long as there isn't a nun.

12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Beginning to believe Zion won’t be back at all and K is trying to hide it from the committee. But if they lose in Chapel Hill today, shouldn’t matter because there’s no way to justify a 1 for them at that point.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Disagree about half assed effort. Guys battled. Sometimes you lose.

Indy likes this.
  14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Went back and pulled up the last month. In our last 7 games, Lamonte Turner is 6-for-42 from 3.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

They will be, if I read it correctly. Head to head is the first tie breaker, which is a split. After that, it is UT/UK record against each team in the conference, starting at 1 and working down from there. Since we lost to AU and UK beat them, I think they get the 2.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Roger was [uck fay]ing money. He's probably been trying to cuss out Turner for the last 30 minutes.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’d say you all think a little too highly of your basketball knowledge.

I called out our poor shooting as a problem after we beat Miss St, and you all ridiculed me. “27-3,” is what you and/or others said, if I recall correctly.

Now, we lose a tough game to a lucky ass team on the road, a game that I predicted we’d lose 2 weeks ago, and you’re out on this team? Get the [uck fay] out of here.

And, just for the icing on the cake, Bone and Turner go 3-16 from three. Is our poor shooting a problem now, or nah?

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If jalen wasnt so soft, id love to see him get some minutes. Better shooter and longer to defend 3s, but hes in dire need of energy drinks

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Even with a loss tonight, they’re getting a 1 if they win the ACC tourney. At that point they’d be 29-5 with more quality wins than any one in the country.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Point this out 3 days ago, and you’re a moron and this is the first season of college basketball you’ve ever watched.