Auburn at USCe

Discussion in 'Sports' started by DarthVisor, Oct 1, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

SCAR nearly in field goal territory, trailing by 3 with 12 seconds remaining.

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

No way there aren't 2 seconds left.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

How are they not putting time back?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Garcia scrambled around and used up too much time, clock may have expired before the play finished so they could kick the field goal.

Replay shows the player was down with 1 second left, but the refs won't overturn it.

5. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Someone call the cops, cuz someone just got robbed

6. volinbham

volinbham Member

Even if they put 1 second back, the clock winds on the ball down and I don't think they technically get a snap off.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've seen them add time in far more unusual circumstances... SCAR just got robbed.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee is an LSU win from the east title

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Should have been 2, IMO. They probably could have spiked it.

10. volinbham

volinbham Member

The Ole Ball Coach should have an interesting press conf.

11. volinbham

volinbham Member

No way it should be 2.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

You must really be feeling the Georgia and SCAR games.

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't think it had switched to 1. Probably like 1.3 or something but it still showed 2 on the clock. I have to think that's where it should have been set.

14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Ohio State stole a lot of games in similar fashion in 2002 and 2003.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

LSU in Les Miles year 2-4.

16. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Out offense is [uck fay]ing shit. Spurrier better take some blame on himself in his presser. His play selection was shit, like everything else tonight.

17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Couldn't have spiked, would have to have run out the FG team - which because they would have been adding time, they would have been ready to do.

18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

While valid for portions of the game, not the problem in the end. Tough to select plays when your QB can't complete more than half of his passes and the score doesn't let you run the ball.

19. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Garcia was not who or what lost us the game. He helped, but he wasn't the catalyst. We got out-coached. Spurrier refused to line up under center and run. He was bent on doing shit we hadn't done all year, like running end-arounds. He put Garcia in a position to fail. Congrats to Auburn.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Garcia couldn't hit shit on some plays. As you alluded to yourself, as he goes so goes the ball game. Which sucks for you, because he is as erratic as any high level QB I've ever seen. Which begs the question of if he is really "high level" at all. Best running back in the conference, best WR in the conference, and he can't get out of their way.