Average GPA of Football Team

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Especially a coach that has no real gameday responsibilities. I would really like to ask Dooley sometime what it is that he actually does. I feel like it would be eerily similar to when the Bobs met with Tom Smykowski on Office Space.

2. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

This falls squarely on Dooley. I just don't see any other way around it.

3. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Excuses are weak. Good leadership is saying it is my fault and fixing the problem, whether it really was your fault or not. The time Dooley spends conjuring up excuses is time that he could be working to fix this football program. I am just sick of this bullshit.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hahahahahaha

5. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Truth...................and if we had a team GPA of 3.5, they would hoist dools up like he just found a cure for cancer. It is 100% on his shoulders and there isnt anything that the mental migets that make up all these excuses for him can say to make me feel any different.

6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

How quickly those clowns over there forget "VFL" and "Bleedin Orange"

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm just glad that this site is populated with folks that realize how attainable a 2.5 GPA average is for a team. That's nothing. I could take any high school freshman and cheerlead them through it. These aren't science or engineering majors for the most part.

8. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Even if the whole team were failing at the fall midterms, you would think that they could have been whipped into shape. It's apparent that they don't respect Dooley and don't listen to what he tells them. After all, what's he going to threaten them with? Kicking them off an already thin team?

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I am gonna put the wait and see approach on this one. If the next report doesn't show a significant increase, 2.2-5 higher gpa, than it is Dooley's fault. i will give him a pass right now, but this is already perhaps another nail in the coffin if it doesn't improve.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I think this is a damning statement, to be honest. How effing hard is it to take Excel, make three tables, and put headers for: Assessment Type, Points Received, Points Total... fill the thing in, and see where you stand?

There is a syllabus, there are quizzes, exams and the like, they have point totals. You should know what you received on any given assessment, and you take that number, and then divide by the total, multiply by any weighting, and then sum the scores.

Grades obtained at the end should not be a "surprise."

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's all total bullshit. UT has a person they pay who is in charge of academically monitoring athletes in every department, each athlete is assigned to a particular academic adviser who checks in on them, and then there is the tutoring center itself.

I HAD to submit progress reports to coaches to let them know how each athlete was doing at a couple of points in the semester. The system is and has been in place for any coaching staff of any sport to be extremely on top of the academic situation of their players.

Dooley just didn't pay it any mind, apparently. Or he had incompetent middle men. Whichever you'd prefer.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You are 100% correct, fl0at. There is no way this shit should be a surprise. He should have been fired as soon as he said that. He either flat out lied or is totally clueless.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He is a master of organization, though. He is probably just organizing at such an insanely high level no one else can keep up. Not his fault everyone else is inadequate.