Bigwig Meeting Has Been Called

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Oct 1, 2017.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That would be a terrible hire

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It is UTEP...they aren't known for making good hires.

3. Butch Jones to UTEP

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Do we want to keep Shoop? I only watched the first half but thought the D looked good against UGA.

I know they gave up 41 points in the end, but I'm not sure I blame them with how badly the offense played.

5. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

It should be Bob Stoops or Chip Kelly. I personally prefer Stoops but either would rejuvenate the program

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

1) Gary Patterson
    2) Chip Kelly
    3) Bob Stoops

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I want to hire a great coach and let him make his own personnel decisions.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I want to hire a great coach and let him make his own personnel decisions.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Say it again brother

10. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

I know this will not make you guys happy, LOL, but coach Mathews said today that the admin has sucked since 2002. He said that he now feels better about whats going on up there and if there is a change made he has more confidence now. Why because of the influence of a man who says "heck" a lot.

The Di Pietro tapping of Fulmer as consigliere is what he referenced. Phil and Manning will probably be looking over Curries shoulder and CDM couldn't be happier.

If this is true then I will be happy also. Even though I wanted Fulmer out, I never hated the man. I am glad to see him have an official role again. I dont hate Jones either.

I wouldn't say I hate Kiffrat or Dooley but I have no respect for the former and the latter was a disaster.

Jones rebuilt the team and brought in some needed change but I dont think he can get UT back to the championship level. Lets hope if he is fired its for an upgrade and not a lateral move.

Lastly and I am engaging in speculation and wishful thinking, but could the Fulmer hire be a rebuke of the Haslams and other boosters?

Look at it this way, revenues are ~100M+ and big chunks of that are due to sources other than the boosters. Fulmer has raised a boatload of money himself and thats how the DiPietro friendship supposedly began.

If the boosters have all of this influence and Kiffin, Dooley, Jones, Cheek, Davenport and Hamilton are the bulk of their results then weaning UT from them should be a goal.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I feel so alive

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

It would piss me off if Fulmer is involved in the search.

13. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Fulmer is the "special adviser to the president for Community, Athletics and University Relations." Its called a Consigliere. DiPietro is a sports nebbish. Davenport as well. After Hammy and Hart and how the Haslams handled the Blackburn/Currie/Fulmer saga he probably felt he needed an advisor.

Fulmer will have input. I cant say how much but the potential is there for him to speak for the president and that will be a very large chair. No pun intended.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Please! We play them next year and would love to hang 100 on that mother****er.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Fulmer is terrible at identifying coaching talent. His opinions should be immediately discarded.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I hope that his role is ceremonial.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ask yourself how involved was DiPietro the last two times?

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The guys just wants to DANCE!

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

he can feel free to take the buyout money we paid him and transfer it directly to Butch.

20. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Vol Colonel also started chirping late last night. Around the same time Darwin Walker did