Bowl Season

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 27, 2022.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I've yearned for a Rose Bowl ever since my family preordered tickets in 2001 and booked flights after we beat Florida before LSU started the apocalypse of Tennessee football as we once knew it the following weekend. Ever since that dreadful cancelation of our Rose Bowl, our entire family has vowed no matter what we are all attending the Rose Bowl together should we ever make it back.

The GoodYear Blimp aerial shots of the sun setting over those mountains with over half the Rose Bowl glowing in Tennessee orange underneath would be a beautiful scene to behold and a damn fine and unique reward to cap off our amazing and unexpected season. Been like 75 years since we last went, and without looking it up I do not believe we have ever won a Rose Bowl. A Rose Bowl trophy would be a nice lil addition to our already stacked trophy case we've built over the last century.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

My fantasy would be...
    - Total chaos this weekend.
    - Alabama plays and beats Georgia in the first round; then loses in the Championship game.
    - UT winning the Sugar or Rose

The UGA meltdown would almost be orgasmic. They think they are the new dynasty. They would whine first about a 2 loss non-conference champion making the playoff. Then depression would follow knowing they have lost 8 of 9 to Saban's Alabama.

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Dallas is so "meh" compared to spending a New Years in Miami or Pasadena. Not the worst city in the world by any means, but not exactly a special place to travel in the winter for a "destination" big time bowl game.

warhammer likes this.
  4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Alabama merely making the Playoffs over us even if they don't end up winning it all would cause me to break out in hives.

tn_longrifles and justingroves like this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can't hide Brentwood money.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

They are not putting a Hookerless team in the playoffs no matter what. (There is a Hugh Freeze joke in there somewhere)

Memtownvol likes this.
  7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That logic being applied.
    [​IMG]

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Haha. Technically speaking in 2001 we were Bellevue money. Spent the first half of my childhood in Davidson County. The Brentwood chapter of my childhood didn't begin until 2004.

Of course if Tennessee does ever make a Rose Bowl I'm sure every family with UT ties who lives in Williamson County would be there. The mass shortages of house and dog sitters for the Wilco Vols that weekend might break the county.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Dallas, as a town, sucks complete ass. If I never set foot there again it is too soon.

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Lived there for nearly a year immediately following my UT graduation. It really is not that special of a place. [uck fay]ing phenomenal Mexican and BBQ joints saturated throughout that city though. That's about it.

Otherwise it's just a sprawling, flatland of an overcrowded area stocked with a bunch of superficial yahoos worth $30k pretending to be multi-millionaries. Just a weird vibe there.

SetVol13 likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

This nation is dusted with great Mexican food.

PilotFlyingJ and TennTradition like this.
  12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Granted, lots of atrocious Mexican places too. Especially here in Tennessee. Nothing worse than a Mexican joint that serves stale cardboard chips with watered down salsa.

However, I would volunteer myself to the frontlines of a war if we had to fight for the existence of Mexican food. Mexican food has become a cornerstone to the American way of life.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The whole state of Texas is pretty lame.

justingroves and SetVol13 like this.
  14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Texas is Texas. It's like a whole different country. Unlike any other state. Would never live there long term, but at least you can find plenty of things to do and people to share life with in that state if you are ever relocated there for whatever reason.

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I know. Still don't like it though. The thought of Bama making the CFP this year in particular given everything that has transpired makes me want to choke on my own vomit.

tn_longrifles likes this.
  16. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Done it, was fun, no desire to do it again.

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Not even an actual Rose Bowl featuring the Vols? Or was the trip to the “Rose Bowl” to witness the Vols lose to a shitty UCLA team that off putting to ever want to go back?

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

- John F. Kennedy

DeonG, Memtownvol, VolDad and 4 others like this.
  19. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Actual Rose Bowl. USC vs OSU nat. It would be tempting to see the Vols there.

ole_orange likes this.
  20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Post of the week