Bracket/Tourney Talk

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I was fortunate enough to go to school in the golden age of UT athletics, 97-01. Sadly, the basketball team was helmed by the white Wade Houston and pissed away a shit ton of talent in the tournament. Watching the layup line at UT those years was something else, though. Harris Walker may be the most athletic dude I ever saw there.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If you were at the 1990 lsu game vs Chris Jackson and Shaq when Houston and CJ had about 50 each and sat in your seat at halftime, you saw Ssmiff win the finals of the campus 3 pt competition.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

SC deserved a better seed

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

But if you are really good, the seeds don't matter as much.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

After being at 99% after the first round - I am now at 69%. Haha.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

And now back up to 88% with the USC win.

7. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Frick Bama and Oats. Good to see Reese cry like a [itch bay] at the end. Most unlikeable player in the SEC outside of Payne.

8. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Watching Alabama fans pretend to care about basketball really annoys me for some reason.

IP likes this.
  9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Agreed

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Nice

lylsmorr likes this.
  11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I correctly picked 0 of the Elite 8 teams. Easily my worst bracket of all time.

12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Avery Johnson never got his due for recruiting the majority of the contributors on this Bama team. I’m not sold that Oats can keep them at this level when he has to do it with his own guys. His wins at Buffalo were mostly with Bobby Hurley’s recruits too. He’s never had to build his own program before.

13. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I only got 2 and they were the most obvious ones - Gonzaga and Baylor. I bought into the “experts” hyping FSU over Michigan.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

So, Alabama held UCLA to 25 in the second half but gave up 23 in OT?

lol

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’d have to look at a breakdown, but it feels like a lot of that was FTs at or near the end of OT.

16. KyleAlexanderfan

I think he will be fine. He’s recruiting at the top of the conference and recruited several key guys for this years team with Ellis/Primo/Quinerly/Bruner. Has the #1 PG on 247 for next season.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

We aren't concerned with facts here. Just laugh at Alabama and move along.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  18. KyleAlexanderfan

Obviously Jones and Petty are hard to replace - namely for their defense.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’m still laughing.

20. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Really hope Petty leaves because it gets old watching him Jodie Meeks us. Fortunately he already burned his test the waters last year, so if he declares for the draft again, he’s locked into leaving.