Cattleman / Small Mike: Where Art Thou?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I know that some dislike (hate?) him, but personally, I love when the guy calls in. He not only believes much the same way that we do, but has the brass to routinely call into various shows to express his opinion - and doesn't get reduced to a stammering step-n-fetch apologist at the first sign of resistance by the hosts.

I will consider this board, and each of its members, as being abstract failures, and which only increases with each passing day that he has not registered on this site.

As punishment for this continued and apathetically-induced oversight, I will give Indy 5K rep points for each day that he has not joined here, up to a maximum of 5K.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Negavols unite!

3. Tenacious D

Here's the thing I really like about him, although I don't always agree with him:

He puts his opinion out there. It is almost entirely fact-based and valid, or that which a great many people believe, but would never call into a radio show to say it - however distasteful it may sometimes be and to some - and then he welcomes you (begs, even) to prove him wrong.

Turns out, the Sports Talk hosts are incapable of doing that, at least with any consistency or success.

I find that highly entertaining, and for the same reasons that it was funny to me whenever Griff would get absolutely run roughshod over when he poked his head in on VN (imagine if he did so here, or on FL98). And, it's a perfect example as to why they avoid placed like this as if they contained the e-plague. Because if they understand that if they don't control the playing field, be it the call-in line or forum, then they risk being exposed as being only slightly more informed than the average fan.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Sounds like a good fit, but I've never had the opportunity to listen to Small Mike.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I know Small Mike's real name and abouts where he lives. I'm not sure the guy has a internet presence to my knowledge. But I don't know, honestly.

Always enjoyed Small Mike and was lucky enough to be listening to 990 the day he was banned for good. Their loss, Tony's gain.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What got him banned from 990?

7. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

He's a regular caller now on 990. He tried to get tony to weigh in on Jeff v. Heather 2012. Tony wouldnt bite. Hilarious nonetheless.

8. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Love the cattlecall on Basilio. he's been asking Tony when he is gonna "do his job" and say that Dooley is done

9. Tenacious D

I think he says, "coconut up".

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Tony is eventually going to break with it.

11. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

I don't think cattleman has ever gotten on the message boards, at least not as his radio persona. Judging by his calls, you can tell that he reads them.

12. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Hey! I resemble that remark!

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What is an abstract failure anyway?

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

A short, forward to a longer and more boring failure?

15. Chestbump

Chestbump New Member

Small Mike, who got his name when Mike Keith was a Knoxville radio sports host, is the most entertaining caller on Knoxville radio. He also calls Nashville. I was listening to WHAS in Louisville, Ky one night when he called up and attacked UK basketball. The guy is fearless!

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Isn't he from Morristown?

17. He is awful radio. Every call is a re-hash of his last one.

18. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

He's awesome - most people wouldn't have the balls to stand up on the radio to the fact that we are paying a significant amount of money to Pat Summitt for her to do nothing. He takes it to the sports animal guys - at least the retarded ones like Hyams/Doc/Jeff/Heather.

19. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I agree to an extent, but how gutsy is it to do that under some stupid pseudonym? When he plays those cards under his real name, I'll actually be impressed.

20. ClockworkOrange

ClockworkOrange New Member

Cattleman posts on Outermonvolia

Well, at least someone using that handle does.