Circuit City stores...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Nov 20, 2015.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

When you have managers practicing some of the greatest lunacy ever known to man, that may be the best bet for them.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Very true.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Entire premise of the store was to rip off the consumer with their absurd warranties. Managers there were a glorified Bernie madoff

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Yeah. I've met some freaky Circuit City managers in my day for sure.

5. JayVols

It was almost like they were trying to hide something and went to great lengths to do so, right?

This one manager I met, started off nice enough. Then it's like he went off the deep end into a lake or something. Maybe I just misinterpreted him. He had a pretty heavy eastern European accent.

6. JayVols

Urethane film provides better protection than a Circuit City warranty.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

There is no way we have anyone on this site that is dumb enough to have worked there. I would have to kick them off immediately for not meeting the sites IQ requirement.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

There is an IQ requirement?

Uh oh

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

The managers all seemed pretty self-serving and hokey.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

We were loyal Rex Electronics customers.

11. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Rex was legit. My only real experience with Circuit City was exchanging a tv two times because the first two were absolute trash and buying a 19" LCD computer monitor. They both still work, at least. 2007-present.

12. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I actually used to work there as a hobby. I always liked Best Buy more.

Their first mistake was trying to force DIVX on consumers when DVD first came out. They invested heavily in that technology and lost their ass on it.

Mistake number two was getting rid of commisioned based sales force and going hourly. They made this decision when they were in the midst of losing their ass on DIVX. It made their sales team not give a shit about the products, so they were no longer as knowledgeable about the products.

Best Buy simply out-flanked them and they went bankrupt. HHGregg is basically a revamped form of Circuit City.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I found Circuit City employees at least knowledgeable enough to help me get started on research back in the 90s. We wound up buying a surround sound tuner that a salesperson in CC suggested. After doing more research, we wound up buying it from an online retailer for half their price. We did go back and buy some cables there.

14. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

This thread has caused me to lose my #footballfocus

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Rivals HHGregg for garbage employees.

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I'm ****ed

17. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Lol you're aware that Sab works there, right?????

18. JayVols

Pretty sure that's why he posted that.

19. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

They use to have one close to where I live, it was by a lake. Weird location, but I guess the managers really liked it.

20. JayVols

The old Circuit City near me wasn't in the best location. Lots of riff raff hung around the store.