Civilization series

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by IP, Dec 28, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Anyone else a fan?

I played a lot of Civ 4, and just purchased Civ 5. These games tend to play like a board game, and deep strategy potential with multiple ways to win.

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I love the Civ games. Started with Civ II, hated Civ III, but IV and V are solid.

3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Put some time in on Civ II.

4. WM

WM Active Member

When I got my first 360 in 2008, the first game I owned was Civ Revolution. Loved it and wished I didn't break it.

5. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I've played them all but 5(is it out?) I get bored once the world is more or less set up in the later stages, and usually build and then unleash a massive nuclear arsenal. The building of your Civilization is fun as hell, but once there it gets to be a chore.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

YES! I love that game! I've always thought it would be awesome to get a number of people to play against each other online. Does it have the ability for that?

7. Joseph Brant

It does, but at the very best it's tedious

8. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

9. WM

WM Active Member

Fabulous drop in Bass, that Internet posting school has really paid off.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed to an extent. I like growing in a huge world populated by many civs. But I hate managing more than perhaps 5 or 6 cities. Inevitably, one of those things has to give if one is going to win.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Civ Revolution is essentially a scaled down version of Civ 4. I really liked Civ 4 more than it's predecessors. Haven't tried Civ 5 yet, though I have purchased it.

12. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Lol. Posted in the wrong thread.

13. Joseph Brant

I almost always start with the largest world and maximum # of civs as well. I find that if you've got 3-4 cities in high production areas, you can more or less have the others on cruise control, so long as they're on the road network.

I really need to try different strategies as far as government, I imagine it changes the game a good amount.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I stay in monarchy a long time. I also stay in theocracy unless I found a second religion for a long time. I skip environmentalism and pacifism

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

These games never ran well on my computer so it was hard to get into them.

16. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

The only one I ever played was the one released for PS3 and Xbox a few years ago. It was pretty fun. Although it still had that dumbed down "console" feel to it. I'm sure these are way more fun on PC.

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Civ V upgraded to hex tiles, which brought an interesting change in strategy to the game. I like to use Ghandi as my leader, because it's next to impossible to have angry citizens in late game. Nothing is better than seeing your opponents crippled by angry mobs while you zerg their entire empire.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I like Elizabeth, Isabella, and Tokugawa in Civ IV.

19. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Civ 5 is a masterpiece, btw. Very different than it's predecessors, but a masterpiece.