Clay Travis Jumps Off the Top Rope

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by 2Maggitt2Quit, Sep 27, 2015.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Say youth one more time, mother****er

I hope that was what Samuel L said while listening to Butch after Saturday

3. NorrisAlan

Eric Waddell is laying the lumber on TonyB's show.

4. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

cliff notes/highlights?

5. NorrisAlan

Basically that Jones is stubborn and will not change. Wasted his first year at Cincinnati putting in His System and took a 12-1 team and made them go 4-8. And he managed to just simply out talent everyone in the Big East to his co-championships. He also used a lot of the same chart shit that he is claiming here.

EDIT: and TonyB is groaning and sighing into his mic. "Oh lord."

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I swear, if he benches Dobbs like tony says he will eventually, he's getting into the Dooley Hatred Zone with me. To make that particular kid a scapegoat of his failures would be the ultimate pezzo di merda* move.

*That means piece of shit. That way I got to say it twice.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

if Dobbs' inaccuracy is keeping our throw game bottled up, he has no option but to change it. I don't believe Dobbs is the reason our throw game is idiotic, as I'm nearly certain it's the design and botching, but I'm all for the change if they're afraid of letting Dobbs throw.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would believe it if we had not seen Dobbs make plenty of throws last year. He's not great, but he's good enough.

The offense is idiotic

9. NorrisAlan

Where I am at. Yes, Dobbs is not ever going to be confused for Peyton Manning, but he can make a ten yard throw over the middle to a wide open tight end.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

no doubt. We're back to this crap where it's easy for the LBs to play the run because the blocking scheme doesn't account for them and they know where the run is going. We have to beat them to a corner or make this miss in a tiny window to make any hay. I'm astonished that we ever score.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

He's not gonna make anybody forget Peyton. But they don't help him at all. It's like they only ask him to make the throws that are most difficult for him.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

it's the lack of the post or deep middle throws that is killing me. We have huge guys that could dominate the middle of the field and we never even send them in there. OBTW, those are the easiest throws. Having spent a good number of years playing QB, I can assure you that the sideline throws are the most difficult.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup.

I don't think he can be a 400+ yard game passing threat, but he's good enough to give you a 15-25 kind of day and keep the defense honest if you play to his strengths.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm just trying to imagine why we're doing what we're doing. It's not Dobbs. It's Botch and Retread.

15. NorrisAlan

You are not as educated as Jones is, so don't even try.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

you can try to find order in random chaos, but it's still just random chaos.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

Well good luck with that