Coaching change rumors catch all thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by WM, Nov 27, 2011.

1. WM

WM Active Member

Rumor making the rounds on the web tonight is Heistand will be shitcanned and Chaney will take over OL duties.
    Speculation on if that means he will be doing double duty or we are hunting for a new OC.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

It means that Russell isn't going to be touched and they are making room for a RB coach. I don't see how the OL improves under Chaney.....

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

The football gods demand blood. We had better give it to them.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Chaney was a pretty shitty OL/TE coach in St Louis

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Sounds like a nice little cluster [uck fay].

6. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Sorta like Hiestand in Chicago?

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

What does Russell coach past STs? Anything?

8. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

If this is true...and Dooley will propose this happen and Chaney still call plays...it is a real test for Hart...I would say if the rumor is true Dooley would be toast...

If there is a plan to get an OC who can coach OL then it starts to make sense...

IDK Dooley seems really lost...hopefully Hart can show him the light/door...

9. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Tight ends, according to UTsports dot com.

10. Beechervol

Not sure what this will do. I assume Porter is the only target at this point.

11. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

I'm pretty sure Chaney handled tight ends in '09, and Stocker developed pretty nicely under him. Maybe give him that again if he's retained and Russell is gone.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hoping for a new playcaller. If Chaney still has a place somewhere else on the staff, fine.

13. Beechervol

I don't see him dropping HH and Chaney too. At this point, I prolly would.

14. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I am not sure but the vibe from message boards is Tennessee has no choice..an OC change is a minimum...a few position changes will not appease much...if we lose one game we could of won they will have to fire Dooley midseason...JMO on the vibe but I think this is where we are heading...

15. Beechervol

Are you hearing this somewhere other than TOOS?

16. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

The Vibe? Is totally from reading other sites...and twitter..FB...the hate is strong...

The rumor of a meeting I am getting from thread and because I am part of fund I get letters etc...Todd Kelly works with fund (since 2004) goes to every game and is a DE from 89-90. The evaluation has always been in place. It is the correct procedure that occurs every year. Only someone from inside the system or an avid follower would know that...I have no phone buddy telling me this no...but Hart cannot be ok with sucking this bad and TK saying what he said on a radio show and on VN makes sense...I would think Dooley will go after a new OC to save his job but IDK he is really a [uck fay]tard.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jimmy Sexton is the most powerful man in the SEC

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

And in case there is any doubt, there is no reason why any coach associated with our special teams this year should be on that staff next year. We literally have the worst special teams in the nation.

19. Beechervol

10-4

20. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I just threw up in my mouth a little after thinking that Chaney could be calling plays again next year. If anyone in that organization has a lick of sense, they will start with making that change.