David Cutcliffe.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Aug 5, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fulmer was pulling top 10 classes full of criminals and busts with Luke and Roper here.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think so too, but there is a difference than could do it and actually doing it.

I don't know that Cutcliffe has the energy or desire to do it himself. He probably pulls QBs and maybe some offensive skill talent, but he'd need staff to bust it hard to pull in the kind of defensive talent necessary. Just my opinion, of course.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

because he started listening to the recruiting services and let his coordinators avoid the grind of the road.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And you want to bring in half of the staff that did it?

I like Cut, I think he would be good here, but the thought of Luke or Roper coming back with him pisses me off. They're lazy, worthless sacks of shit.

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I think they've coached exactly how we thought they would.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I didn't want to. I wanted Gruden, period.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i think everybody here agrees with that

8. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Who is "we"?

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

You know, "we people".

10. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Yes, but "we" / "we people" I assume refers to a certain group w/in the 8th. Who would this be?

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

oh for ****s sakes

13. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Ah, there you are. You don't speak for me so care to elaborate on "exactly how we thought they would"?

14. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I don't give a shit, dude. A fair amount of the posters here knew we were getting SEC rejects and Big East coaches. We've not been proven wrong in years 1 and 2.

16. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I'm with ****

17. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

So, to be clear are you saying that on the defensive side of the ball the coaches, since day 1, have not made inroads?

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Stripling has been a good coach.

Jancek has surprised me, as the defense hasn't been awful.

19. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Agree, and all things considered I think Martinez and Thigpen have done well too. Is there room for improvement? Absolutely!

The D was on a statistical tear until overcome by (lack of talented) depth, injury and AJ’s dismissal

Those sayin’ this D is awful and poorly coached don’t know the game

20. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If they have it isn't by much. They were helpless in '13 but talented in '14 yet we still made OU look like Mike Leach was still their OC, Georgia may have been the most one dimensional team we played yet the defense squandered an early 14-0 lead, Alabama was up 27-0 on us in the 2nd, and SoCar set records against us.