Does the coaching search start again?

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Oldvol75, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

ruh roh

3. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

It's just laughable how bad Tennessee is at vetting and investigating things.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Does the athletic director search start as well? Is there any way Dave Fart survives this?

I'll hang er up and listen...

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is big time college athletics.

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

That all seemed relatively benign.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not worried at all.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

No worries. If anything this just speeds up Hart's exit.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Hence why I'm all for club sports or developmental leagues that guys can go straight into out of high school, or getting rid of the age limit. This is a joke for a university or college to be doing this.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Nor am I, but hate to hear our best hire in years tossed in this morass with UNC stuff out there and our last hire having to leave inside of a year because he ran afoul of the aa.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

That article doesn't really strike me as anything major. But when you fire and hire in a single weekend, the vetting process is usually non-existent.

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Dave Hart is given exponentially too much credit for the Jones hire, and which has effectively insulated him from a great many (some more glaring) shortcomings.

But he deserves as much credit for that as I would, were I to have walked into a stall and fell into NYY, penis first.

And both may still have herpes, despite the "luck" of our initial encounter.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'll never accept the "everyone cheats" argument. First, it's an illogical fallacy (yes, reality even being what it is), and secondly, because the only schools who ever attempt it are those who are caught cheating.

That being said, and true - there's nothing in that article that concerns me. There are much, much bigger and easier fish to fry, than this. Besides, I'd imagine that Texas would handle any inquiry from the NCAA, including one of a former coach, much differently than say a Southern Miss.

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

How is it an illogical fallacy?

15. CardinalVol

In fairness to Hart, I'm not entirely 100% positive he was allowed to vet or anything else once Barnes was available.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't think he had much to do with it at all.

17. CardinalVol

That's another less PC way to say it.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

True, but the blame will land on him and I am 100% happy about that.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hart's last basketball hire is a guest manager for Global Force Wrestling Saturday night in Sevierville.

That should tell you all you need to know about his hiring process

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is an illogical fallacy?