does this loss hurt our recruiting

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by volsjustice55, Oct 9, 2011.

1. volsjustice55

volsjustice55 New Member

I think this may hurt us some but not much. Last yr it didnt really hurt us. But two 6-6 seasons in a row i see it hurting us some but maybe not. we will see.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

We've already had two 6-6 seasons in a row. This would be a third.

I don't think it cripples us, this class. It hurts the 2012 class.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

This class is the 2012 class, right?

4. volsjustice55

volsjustice55 New Member

I was mainly talking about Dooley having to 6-6 seasons. Sorry for the confusion

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If I were recruiting against Dooley I'd tell the kid Dooley is a loser. There is zero evidence to the contrary. The better the opportunity for a win the harder his teams will shit the bed.

6. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Can't imagine it helps. How long can a staff throw out the "Look at us, we suck. You can come here, play immediately and help us not suck" line?

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Winning helps no doubt, but we have gotten commits before when they visited during a bad loss. There is a lot that goes into it.

8. volsjustice55

volsjustice55 New Member

Yeah but seeing us get man handled does not help

9. TRUVOL

TRUVOL New Member

TRU DAT! I think some recruits have mixed opinions.
    1) May think this team is so bad I could definetly play early.
    2)May really like the campus etc.
    3)May think they would never win here or would not play as well because of other players skills in other positions.
    4)Coaches suck or they can't win
    5)Parents influence or input
    There is alot of things.

10. volsjustice55

volsjustice55 New Member

I agree.

I mean I know playing time matters to alot of kids but they also wanna go somewhere to win and get to the next level. Too me it is a toss up on what is going to happen to Tennessee on signing day. I honestly think that we will be disappointed the day after but who knows. I really hope I am wrong

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I don't think the Georgia loss really hurts recruiting. February is so far away and so much changes before then. Tennessee's soft November schedule gives the illusion that things are improving every year.

12. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

The loss didn't help when you consider who was in on the visit. But in the long run it probably doesn't hurt either...we haven't been very good for a number of yearss o losing a game that most thought we would shoudln't be damning.

13. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I don't think the loss hurts as much as people think. Recruits are aware of the situation in Knoxville and they either want to be a part of bringing Tennessee back or they don't.

14. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Also, look at FSU. They seem to be doing just fine with recruiting given their situation.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think they'll lose a few due to the record

16. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

They are also not up against the out of state recruiting requirement that we are every single year.