Elder Scrolls 5 – Skyrim

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WM, Aug 23, 2011.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

"I have still not bought a house to store shit. Struggling to figure out how to do this.......any tips? "

You can buy Breezehome in Whiterun for 5000G. I'd start out by talking to the Jarl and/or the Steward. I think they send you out to kill a dragon first and then after that the house buying option opens up.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

By the time I get my smithing up high enough I'll have enough to build a damn castle out of it.

3. WM

WM Active Member

I just decorated my house. You think Lydia would surprise me one day when i cone home and be in nothing but her chasity belt but no luck.
    I'm pissed that I focused on two handed combat so much when I started out. Could have built up alot of other areas instead.

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

why? 2h is awesome.

5. WM

WM Active Member

A fan as well obviously, just neglected other areas in my lust to decapitate everyone.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can get a pretty sweet pad by completing the College of Winterhold faction quest line. The only problem is that it is way up there in Winterhold.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Is completing all the quests in this game even possible? Would it take too damn long or does completing certain quests eliminate others? Or do quests just continuously keep popping up?

8. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Yes and No. There are different types of quests. There's the main quest that is the story line. Not sure how long of a quest this is, but I'm sure it's pretty extensive. Then there are side quests that you can accomplish as well. For instance, if you join a faction or guild there are things they'll want you to do. Well, on your way to doing those things you'll probably run into a few people that will want you to do something for them and so on. Either way, you can accomplish each quest or item. Once those have been accomplished or completed there's also a random quest generator that ensures you never run out of things to do (if you want to). You don't have to do the quests though. There's no timeline for you to accomplish things. You essentially do whatever you want whenever you want. If you want to spend the day rolling through a dungeon then so be it. If you want to roam around the country side and hunt animals that's fine.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are a few quest lines that are mutually exclusive. The Empire vs the Stormcloak rebellion, for example (which is essentially Yankees versus confederates). You must choose a side to aid.

10. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

accidentally joined the Legion rather than the Stormcloaks... didn't mean to :\ wanted to go with the Stormcloaks.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

How many factions can you join at one time? Ex. Can I be a Stormcloak and a member of the Dark Brotherhood?

12. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

yes - I think the Legion/Stormcloak is the only one you can't be a part of..

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can join all the factions at once, save for having to choose a side in the war.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Cool. I was having a hard time deciding which mission to do next and didn't want to waste my time if I couldn't do everything at once.

15. SmokeyVol.

SmokeyVol. New Member

I got Breezehome with all the add-ons to get max storage. I store all categories in separate chest. That way if I want to smith, cook or do alchmey I can take out all related items at once.

16. MacReady

MacReady New Member

game owns so hard

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Been doing that since Morrowind, newb.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I need advice:

So far, I have been going all magic. I literally have swung a weapon like 4 times. I shot a bow once. Everything else: magic.

I am thinking of starting an alt character. I'd like it to be a melee/bow character, but with blacksmithing and enchanting. is there any way to manage all of those things at once?

Alternatively, i might run a stealth character. Sneak, lockpick, one-handed melee, and archery. Can I squeeze enchanting into that?

19. SmokeyVol.

SmokeyVol. New Member

Glad to know, Pro.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Used to be a mod for Morrowind where you put all of your ingredients in one container, and it would sort them and put them into labeled containers for each ingredient, along with the quantity in the title of the container. Was pretty cool.