Excellent Meltdown Potential....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by GoVols2003, Sep 24, 2012.

1. I got a similar treatment for asking where the basketball postgame threads had gone.

And here I thought hat died; was I surprised to get an email from an admin telling me not to ask about it anymore.

And that's how I found this board.

2. fun2bow

fun2bow New Member

I think it has been deleted...I couldn't find it.

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I say we move forward. Might be time for an 8th Maxim version of the "Pick Hatvol's Avatar" contest.

4. hatvol96

I think a lot of people have found this place much the same way. Ask where any of the originals over here are, get threatened, hit Google. Rinse, repeat.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I slightly panicked thinking I would never read another Section 113 post game report. Then volfanbill explained what was going on over here. Tragedy averted.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Understand. Any smokin' hot gal will do for me.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

While it may be time for a fresh one for hat, you have to understand that I find the current one as a symbol of this place. Hat had that over at VN for a good while, but then they decided no gifs. Originally it was just no NEW gif avatars, but veterans could keep them. Then they decided none whatsoever.

Given the state of things these days it seems petty, but it was the beginning of things to come when they made a compromise and then backed out.

8. lakindofguy

lakindofguy New Member

I don't think it's a good idea for her to get involved in boards. However, if she can be like Fostermom and not get too sensitive over material posted then fine. I don't like when parent of athletes participate on boards and let their panties get in a wad. If I was parent of a player there's no way I'd read boards. I'd pretend that world didn't exist.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

fostermom had some episodes, as I recall.

Honestly, it is best that they avoid messageboards entirely. These are nasty places where people say ridiculous things in anonymity. Perhaps if they stay unidentified it is fine, but they better be ready for mouth-breathers to act afool.

10. hatvol96

That's a very good point.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

fostermom didn't take the end of the 2008 season very well.

The whole deal with Arian Foster was strange anyways. I will go to my grave saying Fulmer promised not to run him to death his last year there, and when the shit hit the fan, Foster went into self preservation mode. Everyone else, from the staff on down did, so I don't really blame Foster for looking after himself. However, sitting out the Wyoming game due to a thigh bruise was not a way to endear yourself to a fanbase.

People tend to forget he killed himself during a 5 game stretch in 2005 when everyone else around him quit.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

More importantly, he was out of shape and lacked the ability to run north and south.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Foster saying his brother gave him a better workout plan than what he received at Tennessee is telling.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I appreciate this. I had no idea of the symbolism. Disregard.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Yep. I think a lot of people blame Foster for things that should be on Fulmer/Clawson.