Fallout 4 Announced

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by govols182, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Sounds like you need to get your priorities straight as well.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Someone recently told me I was Sisyphus, but I told them that cleared up after the pills.

3. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Funny, I lost him awhile ago as well. I thought I sent him back to Sanctuary but every time I try looking for him there he's nowhere to be found. I've been rolling with Danse for awhile now.

4. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

Check all around the sanctuary, specifically for a dog house. I think there are 3-4 dog houses at the sanctuary if you haven't removed any of them and could be at any one.

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He's at a doghouse in sanctuary.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Got the achievement for 100% happiness in a large settlement. Dumbest part of a video game I've ever experienced. Who would have thought that the only way to increase settler happiness to 95% was to set up 16 settlers at lvl 3 medic stands and put the other 4 on food? What? You have more than 20? Dismiss them until you get to 20. Settlers apparently REALLY dislike overcrowding.

And who would have thought that the only way to get from 95% to 100% would be to take the final four settlers off of food and put them on medical stands of their own, virtually cutting off their food supplies? And then who would have thought that the next step would be going out in the commonwealth and completing missions for other settlements as a way to raise those final five percentage points, 1 for every two missions, until it reaches 100% happiness? That's what makes settlers happy.

Dumbest thing in a video game, ever.

7. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Game is great. Beat the main storyline, though, and the ending was just sort of "meh." Not much better than Fallout 3's.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What aspect(s) of the game do you find most enjoyable?

9. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I like that there is a ton to do content wise. My main problem recently has been that I'm such a high level now that it's relatively easy to do any mission. To be fair, I have not changed the difficulty level from normal, though.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, I've noticed that as well. Changing the difficulty probably wouldn't matter. I'm in the high 50's with ballistic weave armor and Mk VII X-01 power armor. I'm a bullet sponge even on the highest difficulty. I don't remember the last enemy that made me think I might die, and that includes various forms of death claws, sentry bots, Queen Mirelurks, etc. I can stand in a group of 10 gunners and take shots for probably 30 seconds straight before I begin to need stimpak help.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How freaking much have you guys played this game? I just booted up Fallout 3 the other day to do some of the ultra cheap expansion pack stuff they've got now and just now got my character up to level 30.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Leveling in 3 was significantly harder. IIRC, 30 was the highest possible level you could reach, at least back when I played it. The leveling in 4 is significantly easier, and you get experience for nearly everything. The speed of my leveling also shot up big time after I advanced my intelligence to 10, which leads to more experience for everything.

That said, I put a crapload of time into the game. I don't play it a whole lot any more despite not having even finished the main storyline, but for a while I played it a lot.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Amen. It is crazy how folks have games like this beaten/finished in less than a month. Heck, after about a week.

By the way, I lost all desire to play this game. I couldn't tell you why. Maybe I'm getting old. I haven't played in weeks.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Sounds similar to what happened to me with skyrim. I put it down for over a year before finally coming back and beating it.

15. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I've found my attention span for games like this has become shorter as I've gotten older. That being said, I played the heck out of this game up until a few weeks ago when I beat it.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Same here. I got up to around level 20 and haven't touched it since. Hell, I haven't turned on my PS4 in a couple of weeks.

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Anyone find the giant pirate ship USS Constitution? Just found it. Curious what will come of it.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

You just called Old Ironsides a ****ing pirate ship. You ought to be deported.

19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

It's overtaken by pirate robots so ya, in the game it's a pirate ship.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There's a quest. I won't ruin it for you.