Florida Week

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by chavisut, Sep 10, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I love that picture.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

And they ruled it wasn't a TD, when it was. Didn't matter, we scored the next play.

3. Sleezboe

Sleezboe New Member

yea, but thats ok....btw, i get a pretty good laugh from your avy

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was his home record that has the necks in an uproar.

The Hobnail boot (which was not his fault at all), 2003 UF game where he couldn't take a [uck fay]ing snap without fumbling (still pissed about that game) and a few others losses. But that doesn't diminish, in my eyes, what he did.

5. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

CC is one of those guys that you appreciate what he did more and more as the years go by.

6. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I posted in the "BadAss" thread that this pic gets me excited every time. To be honest, and not to steal one of your favorite lines, I definitely get a bit of a chub every time I see it.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Casey and I actually got along off the field. I have no reason why I'm the only person in Knoxville that can say that, but I always thought he was all right. Granted the stories of a few of my female friends rejecting him are pretty dang funny.

As for Manning, some of the stories I have heard are epic. Missed him by a year, but we have several mutual friends.

Had two encounters with Bray off the field. I like him. Little Me has a signed jersey by him he wears every Saturday. At least he knows how to fake it around fans if it's not legit. I'll take it.

As for guys on the field, I said in another thread but Bray seems to have Manning's intensity and demand for perfectionism plus Clausen's confidence and coolness under pressure. So far I like it.

8. CardinalVol

It's about time for my me and my college buds annual email debate of Clausen's place in UT history.

9. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

my favorite story, that I have repeated a couple of times over on TOOS:

Back in Casey's days I had season tickets from my aunt in YY9. Volfanjo was typically with me. We sat beside a guy that always wore orange chucks and was as knowledgeable as anyone i've met on UT football. If I had any idea of his name or how to get in touch with him, I'd love to get him here. Well, two or three rows up was a woman that just absolutely despised Casey and blamed everything on him. We would have to shut her up with facts every single home game. It got to the point that it was humorous. Casey's next to last home game this woman goes off on this rant about how Casey isn't a true Volunteer yada yada because he doesn't even run through the T anymore. All three of us laughed and tried to explain to her that Casey was a chosen team captain and he had to come out on the field for the coin toss and didn't get to run through the T. (I believe, but it's been years he was even the only unanimous choice for team captain that year) Anyways, she refused to listen to us and was trying to say he still could run through the T if he really wanted to. That week, Casey wrote a letter to the editor in the Knox News Sentinel and expressed how much he loved his time here and how he hated not getting to run through the T anymore. I don't know how Mr. Orange Chucks got it in the stadium, but this guy brought the newspaper in a frame and gave it to her. All of YY9 cheered him on as he shut that woman up for good. Long story short, God Bless UT fans.

10. CardinalVol

That's awesome.

11. Vader

Vader New Member

I always like Casey
    [​IMG]

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We should have won against 2003 Auburn. They weren't that damn good that year, despite what they did in 2004. Had we not wasted the first half pounding it up the middle for about 4 yards, we'd have walked away with the W.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Justin, I think that was the 2002 Florida game at home. My freshman year. I was in that end zone. It was pouring rain extra hard on that short series, and the center (Scott Wells?) was hiking the ball cockeyed and wild because he kept getting whipped up front and was trying to get into his stance quick. Not to take all responsibility away from CC, but still.

14. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I'll never forget that game. Should have went to a good friend's wedding, but she had given me permission to go to the game. I figured it was my punishment for not being a good friend. I have never heard anything about bad snaps. Very interesting tidbit.

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Especially if things start to suck after that.

Clausen's problem probably had a lot to do with the people at the position before him.

Before Clausen, who was the last UT quarterback to start multiple years without winning a title or being a Heisman candidate?

16. WM

WM Active Member

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

19. Sleezboe

Sleezboe New Member

I'm ready for it to be back to the days when whoever wins this game wins the East

20. WM

WM Active Member

Unless USCe falls off the map, i think it's going to be a complicated division for a while.