Football tickets

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by RevBubbaFlavel, Oct 22, 2022.

1. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

With everything being electronic, can you still buy tix on the street?

Going to be in Knoxville for kentucky game and would like to see if i could get a decent deal on tickets.
    Want my 2 boys to see a great Tennessee team for first time in their lives.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

There are still scalpers selling tickets and appear to be doing it by showing people the tickets on their phone and I'm assuming transferring them to the buyers. I can't say that I've seen an average person trying to unload a coupled of extras at all this year.
    I'd definitely recommend trying to find them before you go.

RevBubbaFlavel likes this.
  3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yes there are still physical tickets.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Really? I don't think I've seen a scalper, or anyone for that matter, with a physical ticket this year. How do you get the physical tickets?

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

come back here, check out my van and I’ll show ya

IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I saw 5 physical tickets yesterday between two scalpers

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I’ve got a buddy who scalps and still has physical tickets. He’s usually down by gate 16.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Hmmm...I'd love to figure out a way to get actual tickets for mine instead of digital. I've got 30 years of ticket stubs that I've collected and 50ish years that my dad has collected and would love to keep doing that.

RevBubbaFlavel, NYY and justingroves like this.
  9. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

There are still paper tickets (not many). For a $50 upcharge and play the "old man ain't got a smart phone" card and I don't have anybody that does/will, they would send paper season tickets, especially for longtime season ticket holders.

10. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Id avoid trying to buy physical tickets from scalpers.

InVolNerable likes this.
  11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I used to save ticket stubs and I just ended up with so many of them it wasn’t a big deal any more. I’ve still got my 98 ones somewhere

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not physical tickets, but I bought tickets off Ticketmaster the day of the Florida game. If you're patient, deals pop up. Cheapest ones I saw were for $100 each in the upper deck. Saw some in the lower endzone for $150 each as well, which was probably the best "deal" I saw. Considering it was basically $250 to get in the door at that point and $340+ for actual "good" seats, those deals were solid.

Definitely recommend getting them before you head into the chaos surrounding Neyland, though, as my service disappeared shortly after I bought them.

RevBubbaFlavel and IP like this.