Gators vs Vols Game Discussion

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Sep 12, 2016.

?

Who wins next week's game?

1. Tennessee

25 vote(s)
    42.4%
  2. Florida

34 vote(s)
    57.6%
  1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hate this offense and an injury to Hurd or Dobbs makes it completely stop, but the talent in the backfield is overcoming miserable coaching. We all cuss it, everyone knows what's going to happen and both Dobbs and Hurd move it fairly well, all things considered.

I would love to see a real offensive staff with this talent.

2. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Stay tuned. You are in for a very rude awakening. This FL defense will man handle this Tennessee offense in less than 2 weeks.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Okay and VT was going to manhandle Tennessee's offense too. They did, for the most part and Hurd still had 90 and Dobbs had 100.

I hate the offense, but the talent is still going to show out.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Lose Hurd or Dobbs, this offense is lucky to finish with 180 total yards of offense against any FBS team with the way the line is playing now.

It really pisses me off they're wasting two of the best offensive guys they've ever had.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Dobbs torched Florida on the ground last year.

Until for some inexplicable reason they stopped calling his number.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I believe I read on Bassilio's blog yesterday that Chance Hall is possibly expected back for Florida too.

7. cpninja

cpninja Member

Florida will probably score more points in the first quarter than we get all game

8. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Five turnovers and 1000 yards in penalties and zero depth by Va Tech helped the cause immensely. We all know Tech doesn't have near the talent that Florida does.
    Shoop is 2-0 this year to be quite honest. He is actually saving trumpet blower's ass thru 2 games. Tech won't beat anybody if they self destruct like they did Saturday.

9. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

If Dobbs can not throw the ball against FL,it will be a blowout. They are not gashing this FL defense.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Just HC or staff because I do think our D is pretty well represented.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I would say HC/offensive staff.

I agree after leaky starts, the D has come to play from the 2nd quarter forward.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

This UF defense is no better than the one they fielded last year.

13. Beechervol

Which is not a real shock with a new DC.

I expect the D to continue to move forward.

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

That's football.

Maxim #1: the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.

15. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Yes the D is in good hands. The rest is a shit fest as we all know.

16. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I don't see how they don't load up and dare us to throw. Not sure we can run at least the way we plan to. I really see Dobbs as running for his life the whole game. I also don't see how they don't kill us in the short to intermediate passing game. I wish I could be more optimistic, but there is NO WAY you can pick the Vols based on what we have seen. You can make some justification based on the roster, but you are going on gut instinct.

As a caveat, we usually start the season rolling up inferior opponents and FL struggles. See the KY game last year. Then, the roles reverse for that damn game. Del Rio is not particularly dangerous as a runner so if Shoops can put him on his butt and keep the heat up enough, we do have a few ball hawks on the D that might generate turnovers. If we win, we are +3 on turnovers, kick at least 3 FG's, and they do not have ANY Dual Threat QB's on the roster ANYWHERE!

17. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Well,that is a bullshit maxim. Tennessee beat Appy St and made enough mistakes to last a life time in that game.

18. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

But, thus far, our offense is worse.

19. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

So you think Tennessee gets 27 or more this year? This FL defense will not get torched for 250 plus rushing yards in this game.

20. Beechervol

This UF defense is not better than either of the previous 2 they ve had. If you wanna beat the drum for UTs offense being awful the first 2 games of this year go ahead. You wont get an argument here.