POLITICS Graham Questions Kavanaugh

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Sep 5, 2018.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

There is no deep state.

2. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Citation?

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Occam’s Razor

What is more likely? There is a deep state working (for some reason) to undermine Trump and this country, or Trump is just making shit up to deflect criticism?

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

How would we really know?

5. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Let me start off by asking you a question.... Do you think corporate sponsorships and invariably the money they supply politicians run this country?

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

And I don’t agree. Because for an argument to bolster a belief, the argument must be true.

Because if all it is is believable, then those that believe are just gullible.

7. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I think you still missed my initial point.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Work with the gov, you'll be sure no one is behind the curtain directing things.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

To a degree, which is what we shall call the Shallow State.

10. fl0at_

Anytime I worked with the government, it always seemed like nobody was actually directing anything.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

In my work history, I've learned the USG is probably the most adept at looking inept. There are a lot of gov't agencies that are completely inept, don't get me wrong, but you shouldn't conflate state DoT with other branches of the USG.

To boil it down, it's a cat and mouse at high levels. All of it.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

In any case, the people making the claim (like Trump) are the ones who have to prove they aren’t talking out of their asses.

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

No. They have disproportionate influence, and they get away with it because so many people can’t be bothered to pay attention, but they don’t run the country themselves.

14. fl0at_

That or the USG is such a lumbering bohemeth due to wealth, structure, influence and property owned or leased here and abroad, that literally nothing could be done, and everything would still move forward.

And that because of that, all the wheeling and dealing done behind those “closed doors” is the difference between traveling at 1 mph and mowing everything down in front of us, and traveling at 7/8s mph, and mowing everything down in front of us.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Trust no one

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

There may not be a powerful central force moving the pieces. But its largely nothing but fiefdoms looking out for theirs with little to no altruism.

justingroves and Volst53 like this.
  17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I'll buy this. You'll see it in any large organization, be it government or a large corporation.

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I work for the government, and I sometimes wonder if I'm being pranked. It's like they do everything possible to keep you from getting anything done.

MWR and Tenacious D like this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

In your line of work, that's bad. But for some things, you don't want it to be too quick or easy to do an action.

20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I agree.