Halo: Master Chief Collection

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by JudgmentVol, Nov 12, 2014.

Tags:
  1. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

None of you other nerds picked this up or is this a shunned series on the 8th?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

If it ever came out for PC, I would.

3. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I wasn't going to even buy an Xbox One. The pull of Halo's nostalgia was too great.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, I really enjoyed the first one. I played the second and third as well, but they didn't quite have the same "wow" factor at that point.

5. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

To each his own, but I never understood the fanfare for the original once 2 and 3 were released.

Wasn't much of a comparison to me.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I didn't play 2 and 3 much, but we probably spent 2000 hours playing Halo 1's multi player stuff.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

For me, the vehicle combat wasn't nearly as good in 2 and 3 as 1. 1 felt organic. I also liked the original assault rifle and pistol more. I liked the tighter story more too. I hated 2's ending. What bullshit. 3's was a little better, but I don't like being left with loose ends for years.

8. VB

VB Member

Played a little last night. Running riot first game.

Then proceeded to get smoked the rest of the night

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If you were good with a pistol in the first, you could own ass

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

The pistol was a 2 shot killer.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I was a shotgun guy, myself, especially against Flood

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

AR and melee for me

13. You're lucky you got into a game. I didn't really have any luck. Supposedly they've done some work on the servers today though, so hopefully it's running better when I get home from work.

14. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

The matchmaking is nothing short of a fiasco. It simply wasn't working last night for me, and today it's a 10-15 minute queue before I disconnect from the host or join a 3v1 game. I've managed to get into 4 games, and only one was an evenly-matched 3v3.

Additionally, there are forge issues, and the installation/download took about 4-5 hours.

The entire release has been severely underwhelming and littered with problems.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Consoles, bro. I'll never do that again.

16. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Forward Unto Dawn series

17. Well, whatever updates they did today appear to have had no effect for me. Still have plenty of campaign to hold me over till they get things ironed out.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So is there anything new with it, or just a package of all the old games?

I loved 1's campaign, and 2's online multiplayer was some of the most fun I've ever had. Team death match on lockout every single weekend at my buddy's house. Those were the days.

3 was underwhelming, and I don't think I bought another one til the newest one came out. It was okay. Played through the campaign and a couple days of multiplayer. Didn't touch it again after that.

19. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Each game was shipped on Tuesday exactly the same way it was shipped on their respective, original launch dates (gameplay-wise). The only difference is they're all combined into one disc, all on the Xbox One, improved graphics (1080p/60FPS), and added cut scenes.

I'd thoroughly enjoy the game if they would ever fix matchmaking.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So you pick which game you want for online multiplayer?.... As in you can go back and play halo two maps and what not?