Help

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by CardinalVol, Jan 28, 2024.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The boy wants an X Box, as do I (NCAA Football). He made a PowerPoint presentation for why we should get one. I was mildly impressed. Assume I need to just go with the X and not the S? And is the monthly game pass the best deal or are there any gotchas I need to know about?

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Just be prepared to have him grounded from it within 2 weeks

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Actually since my son got his new computer, he said he’s selling his Xbox. Not sure which one it is but it’s just a couple years old. DM me if interested and want to save a couple hunnit

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Is NCAA Football really happening?

5. CardinalVol

Yes

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh yes

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

No

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I am a PlayStation guy, but if you are going XBox at this point, yes to X, and yes gamepass is a very good deal (I use it for PC games but as I understand it it’s largely the same for XBox)

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That’s said, NCAA will be out on both XBox and PS, so while I assume his friends all have XBox and that’s why he’s asking for it, maybe make sure because I imagine he’s ultimately gonna want to play the platform his friends are on

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm hoping it comes out on PC. Not sure I want to buy a console. I probably will if I have to.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

I’m going to have to buy an Xbox at some point if Bethesda continues to be exclusive

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Not if they keep making trash like Starfield

13. Ssmiff

Sons is XBox X and he’s probably sell for $275 if anyone is interested. Save you a couple hunnit.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

I’ll have to buy ES6

emainvol likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

ding ding ding

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Your kid not have enough youtube money to buy his own?

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. CardinalVol

If that happens he wouldn’t let me play it.

Assume All Access is the way to go?

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

GamePass unless something has changed

Just buy EA releases that you want full price. EA Access is trash

Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
  19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It’s been awhile not sure it’s still the same but used to you had to wait 6 months to get access to the games after launch.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You might be able to get away with the S from a power perspective, but if you're not concerned about the price difference, just get the X. Not sure about your timeline, but also seems worth it to note that you can find deals on everything you'll be buying at various points throughout the year.

I just started the Game Pass Ultimate thing back around Black Friday, and it's been fine so far. Definitely worth it if you want to play the games in the catalog and prevents you from having to drop $60-$70 every time you want to play a new game. If he only wants to play brand new stuff as it comes out, then you can probably get away with one of the more basic versions of Game Pass for just the Online aspect. A lot of the popular games these days (Rocket League, Fortnite, Apex, etc.) are free off rip to begin with anyway.

Not sure how old the kid is, but if this will be his first "online" experience, you'll want to consider how to approach the access it will give him to other humans and micro transactions. It's extremely easy these days to drop a lot of money in-game on stupid, worthless shit like "coins" and "battle passes," so I'd make sure you have the credit card locked away behind a child lock. And then, obviously, if he's playing online, he will have the ability to communicate with random people. Approach that as you see fit.