Helton Gotta Go

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Nov 17, 2018.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He is as predictable as my morning bowel movements

2. lol vol

lol vol Member

Hire Dooley?

Dalekanium likes this.
  3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Butch's system is infallible

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He tries to be too smart and cute.

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I thought you were just tslking about people overreacting Lyls

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

11 games of evidence seems pretty well founded

7. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Sometimes the overreactions are just scrying.

Losing JG off the bat and then having Calloway have a hit taken out on him definitely doesn't help our offense.

The OL taking a tremendous step back from Kentucky is concerning. You could see he tried rolling out KC to mitigate it but he can't throw on the run to save his life and there was nothing on the ground.

Screens are the only thing I can think of to help but the few that were run were almost immediately sniffed out.

Tar Volon likes this.
  8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Hes had his good and bad moments. When your OL is so bad that your lucky to have only played 2 QBs I ll cut him some slack until that unit is just bad to decent instead of putrid.

9. Ssmiff

I dont care either way but OL is so bad, with often suspect qb play to boot. Besides a 5 wide get rid of the ball Leach style offense, I dont know what we can do right now.

TangoUniform and RockyHill like this.
  10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Calling for firing of a coordinator before season’s end = rational.

Concern that a team led by that same coordinator and a coach that thought it was a good idea to make him one of the highest paid coordinators in America and who was also just prison raped at him bunch [ddiapos] might not win an away game against a team that’s beaten us the last two years = overreaction.

JudgmentVol and chavisut like this.
  11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

So who do you get? Unless you want some air raid-ish type guy I’m not sure who out there would have done much better with this group.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Days like this I wish I drank.

13. Ssmiff

We are 2-40 on rollouts this year. I think some of the late ones were Chryst running for his life. Lbs and DL just shoot gaps on us and let the rest take care of itself.

14. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I don't honestly know what Helton could have done differently. OL wasn't even a seive.

Memtownvol likes this.
  15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Being gashed by a great QB, understandable. Costly turnovers leading to a big score difference, understandable. Being [itch bay]es about it, not understandable.

11 games of predictable first down runs and other assorted nonsense? Not a good thing

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I liked the goal line play where we rolled Chryst right and then had no receivers on that side of the field.

17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I just find it funny that I am accused of overreacting for simply stating that I am tired of losing and that I am told to be "realistic" after we get half a hundred hung on us, yet you're gonna start a thread saying to fire the OC.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    NEW COACH and DC Vol like this.
  18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

This is probable the fewest INTs UT QBs have ever thrown in a season.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Great. He’s a good QB coach.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I’m no fan of Helton, but he’s not playing with a loaded gun. I don’t see how you could not question the defense as well.

justingroves likes this.