Hypothetical-Schiano at Miami

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Sep 20, 2011.

Tags:
  1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Just something I was wondering lately. What if Schiano never left for Rutgers and replaced Davis at Miami instead of Larry Coker?

Does Miami have more national titles?
    Does Miami avoid the NCAA issues?
    Is Miami still a national power?

If I had to guess, I would say yes, probably, and yes, but I wanted to hear some other opinions.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Miami probably has one more title.

Probably not. Shapiro was getting those guys when they went out and about on the town. The HC has little control over that. Schiano probably nips it in the bud quicker, but there would still be some issues.

Yes.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he's sucked at rutgers really. particurally if you are looking at the talent he has had compared to the rest of the conference.

4. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Pretty much agree with this. Didn't he sort of peak there in 2007 whenever everyone in the country was number one at least once?

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

his record sans ray rice is not so great.

6. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

...not to say he wouldn't have been a huge upgrade over Coker and would've had a better chance to keep the Miami train rolling longer than Coker did, because I think he could have done that if he'd started with that kind of talent.

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't think Rutgers could do much better with anyone.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think they can do better. The area around there produces a decent amount of quality prospects. they have nice facilities and low academic standards. no reason they shouldn't be 8-4 most years in that conference.