If Anyone Knows Why I Hold The Knoxville Media In Such Low Regard...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Sep 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I give you today's silliness from Wes Rucker. In a discussion about why he wants West Virginia in the league is because of how bad the blood between WVU and UK is in basketball. That much is accurate and has been since Jerry West played in Morgantown. No problem, yet. Then, he launched into a discussion about how much Cal and Huggs disdain each other. That would be another great storyline. One problem. It's a flat out lie. Cal is right there with KO and Mark Few among Huggs' best friends. One of Cal's relatives in Pittsburgh was the attending physician when Bob had his heart attack. If you don't know the facts, don't make them up. Disgraceful radio.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

If this were tos I'd be mobbed for saying this, but you aren't wrong about much when it comes to basketball or media covering it. I was in undergrad at UT most of the time Rucker was there. Most of his Beacon pieces were devoid of facts or reporting, and were merely his random musings and uninformed opinions.

Things haven't changed much, it seems. "What the Ruck" indeed.

3. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

He's unbearable. Another reason Vercing needs to be here. His rants against Rucker are among the best.

4. hatvol96

To his credit, he just retracted the comment about Huggs and Cal and clarified the misconception he put out there. Of course, he only did so after it was brought to his attention. Better late than never. At least he has the class to own up when he's wrong. That alone beats Dearstone and Hyams.

5. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

No excuse for that bullshit....Cal and Hugg's relationship has probably been the most documented of all stories. I think Rucker has Huggs/Cal confused with Huggs/Pitino. Definitely no love loss there.

6. hatvol96

A perfect time for one of my favorite coaching stories of all time. While an assistant at UC, Mick Cronin decides he needs to broaden his coaching resume to eventually get a head coaching gig. Without telling Huggs, he goes and interviews with Pitino at Louisville. Mick gets the job and goes back to tell Huggs. Bob looks at him and says "Congratulations, Mick. I'm happy for you. If Pitino hadn't given you that job, your ass would be unemployed right now."