Interesting Changes in Baseball...

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by NYY, Jul 2, 2013.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Coach Bill Mosiello, childhood friend of Dave Serrano and assistant baseball coach at UT, is leaving to take a hitting coach job at TCU.

Very, very strange.

2. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

I would really like to see UT baseball come around. I hope Serrano is the coach to do it. If we are gonna suck in football, let's be great in baseball. Seems like a childhood friend would want to be there for that turnaround. I don't have any inside info, but I agree with you. Strange.

3. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

College baseball - who cares if we suck - women's basketball gets better attendance and tv coverage/ratings across the country... So that speaks volumes about how boring it is if women's bball beats it out.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the softball NCAAT had better ratings than the men's.

4. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

I like baseball.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

If we had a tiddlywinks team, I'd like us to be good at it. I don't care that Bassman is the only person who would watch it.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'll take this as you've never been to Omaha. That and you are probably as athletic as a barrel of [Richards].

7. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

A real shame this will be hidden here.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

NYY do you know anything about his replacement? Aric Thomas?

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Very good recruiter. Has good connections in California and throughout the Midwest.

10. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Baseball by far has the most unathletic participants compared to other legit sports around the world. Soccer/football/basketball/track/hockey all have superior athletes. It's the one sports where lazy fatass men can consistently excel - same goes with softball which is why there are always largely obese girls that dominant in college softball. Don't get me wrong though - there are still some great athletes in baseball - just as a whole.

You can be a fatass like Roger Clemens and dominate the sport or a frail giant who needs a walker when leaving the mound like Randy Johnson. Or the greatest of all time like Babe Ruth. Granted it generally is just 1 position where the fatasses reign but there are some heavy set guys at a couple other positions.

The game isn't what it was 30 years ago.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'd say that the "fatass" contingent in Major League Baseball is the lowest it's ever been, right now.

12. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

These guys still mostly aren't on the same level athletically as guys in the other major sports. Great athletes generally don't gravitate to the sport in the US anymore - only in Central America.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Fat asses abounding in baseball? What the **** are you talking about?

Downtime between pitches doesn't mean less athleticism. And there's not a more difficult thing to do in all of sport than to hit a round ball with a round bat squarely. Just because you didn't play, nor understand the game doesn't mean it's irrelevant.

14. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Hitting a round ball with a stick is a skill set and has little to do with athleticism when compared to running, jumping, diving, etc. Now some of the plays guys make in the field shows athleticism - but these guys typically arent on the same level as the other major sports. Sorry your favorite sport is dying.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Dying? Good call. You should stick to the gaming forum. Just because you need instant gratification with your joystick sports, doesn't mean the game is dying.

Of course it's a skill set. But pretending that baseball players are not athletic is asinine.

16. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Why can fatties excel at the game?

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I can't think of a fat person who just excels at the game of baseball.

18. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Guess we have different definition of fat people then.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Name one.

20. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I already did.