Its frightening

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Jewbaccah, Nov 19, 2012.

1. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Is there any amongst your ranks that would settle for James Franklin? Personally, I don't think he would do a bad job at UT, at least in comparison to Dooley.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This is kind of like saying malaria is alright, at least in comparison to ebola hemorrhagic fever.

InVolNerable likes this.
  3. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Needs repeating

4. I might turn in my orange if we go with James Franklin, no matter how successful he is.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

No.

6. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

if not Gruden then Mora jr. or stoops imo

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

If Franklin comes here, just go ahead and inject me with Ebola. My insides will be liquefying either way.

8. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

If you want Franklin, I guess you would love Spurrier. It would be like selling your soul. Just wouldn't be right.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd take Spurrier over Franklin in a heartbeat. I might have some diarrhea for awhile, but it would be nothing like the organ liquefying presence of Franklin and his goofy slogans and hand signals.

10. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

Just the lesser of 2 evils.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Hell no.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Franklin's still proving himself. There are worse options out there, but I don't want any part of Franklin.

Spurrier, I'd take.

13. volsfan1983

volsfan1983 New Member

**** franklin i hate that sob, maybe manning will win superbowl this year retire and comeback to UT. Gruden and manning already have a good relationship.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  14. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I think we could do worse than Franklin, but I don't want him by any stretch. I just aant some Big Ten or PAC 12 school to take him away and leave Vanderbilt like they were before. I have actually cooled on hating James Franklin only because he is really just doing what he needs to do to win at that toilet of a program. But, if he is the level of coach that Hart is targeting then I don't know what to say. Spurrier would have been a great hire after 2005. He should finish his career at South Carolina because he is probably not up to starting over again.

15. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I figured not. Obviously, UT can do much better than Franklin. He's still not proven anyway.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Saying a coach could do better than Dooley is an insult to the coach. It should be assumed, until proven otherwise, any coach at any level of football can and would do a better job.

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Theres a good reason that 2 days after getting fired nobody is really talking about him.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The cat I ran over with my truck this morning on the way to work would do a good job, in comparison to Dooley.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

That's funny, I just squirted a little poop laughing at that one.

20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Golden is quoted in today's Miami Herald that he's committed to Miami and is not going to be swayed by any "huge offers" from schools like Tennessee.