Jennings

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Oct 26, 2019.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Like the sun rises every morning, you can expect Hat to have a controversial opinion on something that the rest of the free world agrees on.

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Odd take. The occasional stupid penalty is just one of those things you budget for with guys like Jennings. Like expecting an occasional late hit with a Barnett. But the pros are so much greater than the minimal cons.

When I assign blame for missing a bowl game in ‘18, I’m pretty far down on the list before I get to JJ.

All that said, and as all time as he is here, he ain’t no Al Wilson.

awebb7 and justingroves like this.
  3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Put him on a championship competing Tennessee team and he'd be right there with Al, maybe not all the way but not too far behind. JMO of course.

But I'm with you on the odd take. JJ had absolutely nothing to do with missing a bowl game last year.

utvol0427 likes this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The guy he drug into the endzone was committed to Tennessee at one time and spent a lot of time around the team before de committing.

5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

It's easy to be an Al Wilson when you win 45 games and a NT. I'll take the guy who does it in this less than ideal situation.

utvol0427 and InVolNerable like this.
  7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Who was that?

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That’s such an unbelievably inconsequential thing to hang onto. One mistake in a game we probably lose by 17+ without him.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jaycee Horn

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Easy to talk a big game all the way in China, or wherever he tucked tail to.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Shit, dude should get a statue just for this.

When he starts going off on Vanderbilt, I can't imagine not wanting him on your team. Well, I wouldn't be able to imagine it before I was introduced to Butch Jones.

12. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

You may have underestimated Al Wilson by quite a bit. I get its different times, but he's the goat, imo. I do love Jennings though.

Volokie likes this.
  13. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Blasphemy

A-Smith likes this.
  14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Al Wilson is the greatest Vol of all-time, in any sport, during any era, and it’s not even worthy of a debate.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I was going to make a jest about that pedophile Center, but I can’t remember his name.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Mack Crowder

You've also got Josh Briscoe in the pedo category

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He get mad at somebody? His internet persona was 180 from off the internet. But man he had a following that loved the tough and angry posting style.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I just looked back, Jennings was ranked above Drew Lock, Sam Darnold, Joe Burrow, Lamar Jackson and Kelly Bryant as a QB recruit

Memtownvol and Tenacious D like this.
  19. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

So was Sheriron.

20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Do not approach that man's car.