Jordan/Pippen vs. James/Wade

Discussion in 'Sports' started by TheGeneral, Feb 19, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I agree with this completely. No one in the NBA is close to Jordan.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Jordan and Pippen before and after baseball.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I would take Jordan / Pippen against Bigfoot in a tug of war.

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

However, VKAman, I'd take Jordan and Pippen's Bulls over the current Heat all day every day. And, I'm not saying Pippen sucks; I'm just saying Wade's clearly better. But, the chemistry that Jordan and Pippen had was certainly better than Bron and Wade.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

yes, FOR HIS POSITION. My post was referring to him in comparison to Jordan as one of the best to ever play the game, not just in comparison to others at his position. Someone should look up those measurements if they have time. If i have time, i will later. I am curious to find out if what i heard was true.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

For those who don't recall, here is the briefest of introductions:

[YOUTUBE]ly73GHRo4Yg[/YOUTUBE]

[video]http://youtube/lFyOdSRke0g[/video]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

James and Wade will never play enough together to ever really get in the conversation of Jordan/Pippen IMO.

8. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I called you out on the numbers simply because you stated that Wade's career averages (49%, 25 pts, 5 rebs, 6 ast, 2 steals) are better than Pippen's best season (49%, 22 pts, 9 rebs, 6 ast, 3 steals). That's flat wrong, whether you want to admit your mistake or not.

Other than that, I've been arguing substance this entire time, dumbass. I've said that Pippen is a better 3-point shooter (barely), rebounder and defender (easily), which makes him a better complement to guys who can already score. I've said that Wade didn't win any more without Shaq (actually, he won less) than Pippen did without Jordan. Do you want to talk substance and tell me which parts of that are incorrect, or would you rather continue debating imaginary numbers and telling me you're too good to even civilly discuss it?

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Interesting. Pippen's 3 rebounds make his best season equal to Wade's career averages? Seems a bit odd.

10. NashVol11

I'm saying that's at least partially because their styles of play were more complimentary.

If I'm rebuilding a franchise and need a star, I take Wade. But if I already have the best player in the game on my team and need a running mate, there's a good chance I go with Pippen for the defense and rebounding he gives me in addition to his ~20 ppg.

11. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I can buy that.

12. NashVol11

Closer to 4 than 3, but we can fudge some more numbers if you want.

Either way, that's pretty clearly more valuable than 3 points. And try as you might to dismiss it, averaging north of 2.9 steals per game (the current league leader is at 2.47) is no small feat.

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Total garbage.

14. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

How?

15. NashVol11

Hey, if you'd take 25, 5 rebounds and 2 steals over 22, 9, and 3, have at it. You must be a big Monta Ellis fan.

Let me put it this way: you're basically saying that a jump from 68th in the league in individual rebounding to 21st, and a jump from 8th to first by a mile in steals, isn't worth the drop from 5th to 7th in PPG. The difference in rebounding between DeAndre Jordan and Kyle Lowry isn't as big as the difference in scoring between KLove and LaMarcus Aldridge.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

So, wait. You're saying Dwyane Wade is the same as Monta Ellis? I had already kind of thought you were dumb with this argument, but this one takes the cake. My God.

17. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Ellis averages 22 points and 3.4 rebounds. Not 25 and 5. Weren't you the one [itch bay]ing about the stats being a bit off?

18. NashVol11

If you had the attention span to read and process an entire post rather than just responding to the first line every single time, you'd probably have a better idea of what I'm actually saying.

19. NashVol11

I'm well aware of his numbers. My point is that someone who thinks that scoring is all that matters will think of people who put up nice point totals (Ellis) as better than they actually are.

20. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I read it, and guess what? You're still full of shit.