Justin Worley Speculation: Savior of the 2011 Season?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Oct 22, 2011.

1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Exactly...my eyes are still bleeding, please make it stop.

2. VOLinDAWGland

or BJ or the ginger...well maybe not the ginger.

3. WesKrunker

WesKrunker Member

Welcome to my world.

4. VOLinDAWGland

With an improving run game he doesn't have to make any crazy throws. Some accurate short to medium timing routes, TE sit downs, swing passes to the RBs should be more than sufficient. Simms could not execute those.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Chaney's O gets people open but you wouldn't know it when Simms is under center

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

That wasn't kin I was talking to over there was it?

7. Beechervol

Is it bad when you lock in on your check down from the snap.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Depends. If the other routes are beyond 15 yards you know you don't have the arm strength to get it there, you just lock on on the check down. If it's not open, just hold the ball until someone murders you.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who is to say it screws up the 2015 season? It is quite possible Bray comes back next season and stays healthy, giving Worley his redshirt THEN. Or, god forbid, we could just keep recruiting decent quarterbacks.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I don't know if the kid will save the season or not, but I will say that I'm glad that I never had to develop a defensive game plan to defend his ass or anyone else of his caliber. Plus, it looks like he had some pretty damn good receivers with speed to chuck it to. I would have liked to have him and a couple of those receivers. That team looked like a D Coordinator's nightmare.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

They are trying to recruit one of those guys -- Cordarrelle Patterson -- to UT from Junior College. He played with Worley one year.

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Patterson would be a huge pickup. The downside of him being here (if it is one) is that people thought we slang the ball around before? Wait until we have Hunter, Rogers, and Patterson lined up. The Vols are going to look like a WAC team on offense.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd have no problem with that. Three great receivers there and two young guys in Arnett and Dallas that look like they have good hands. Throw in Marlin Lane, who's a solid pass-catcher in with Michael Rivera and we can move the ball regardless of the ground game. Start doing some Patriots or Eagles stuff and using the short passing game to replace the run.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Comparing Bray to Brady? Not a true fan imo iyam jmo

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I disagree. A ground game is essential in this league for multiple reasons. I'm all for playing to our strengths, just don't forget about the running game is all. Try to balance it out. It's hard to beat the LSU's and Alabama's without a running game.

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

It's a long way down the road for Worley.

I've never seen so much fuss over a freaking redshirt. It's like we're Wake Forest all of a sudden.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Matt Simms could have been a hero. All of Voldom called out for one, and he whispered "no."

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd love to have a running game, but I'm more concerned with moving the ball, one way or another. Got really sick of us trying to force the issue earlier in the season.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Rorschach whips ass on the regular. He's allowed to say "no". Simms must say "can't".

20. Beechervol

We don't know if we even want him in 2015. He maybe the next Manning or the next Crompton.