Kentucky

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Oct 23, 2022.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

This is where I am. Kentucky will fall apart in the environment.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Honestly this reminds me in a lot of ways of the South Carolina game last year. It’s a good matchup that we should win, but we’re coming off a huge win and I’m not sure where our heads will be. But it’s also at home and we’re coming out in black and let’s score 28 in the first quarter

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If we didn't sleepwalk for UT-Martin, we will not sleep walk for KY

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

We're coming off of UT Martin. It will have been 2 weeks. The players have bigger goals. I'd be more worried about looking ahead than back, but I am not very worried about that either since Kentucky is ranked and they no doubt heard about how great UK is going into this season even after upsetting UK last year. UK started the season ranked, Tennessee didn't.

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

If Tennessee is already overlooking ranked opponents at home in night games, the team is too mentally fragile to expect more than 9 wins.

PilotFlyingJ, tvolsfan and SetVol13 like this.
  6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It’s Kentucky, though. And, after the last month, we are feeling as good about ourselves as we have in who knows how long.

I don’t think it’s crazy to fear we might look past UK a bit to the upcoming Georgia game, which everyone already agrees will decide who represents the East in the SEC Title game.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Then we'll lose them both.

thagodfather likes this.
  8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If we show up, we will win regardless of what UK does or doesn’t do. Hopefully we show up.

tvolsfan likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I don’t believe we will look past them as a team. Some fans have and will.
    We have been ridiculous on 3rd downs, ky is a team that can chew the clock. They get a few 3rd down stops and a turnover or 2 and we are in the thick of it.
    Looking ahead and could be some rain

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Rodriguez does concern me a bit and they have a couple of WRs who have some explosiveness, like Brown. Last year, we had a ton of interior DL attrition and I did see Simmons hurt yesterday. However, we should be in a better spot than last year. I'm a little more nervous about this game than the Florida game because we have something to lose. This is also college football. Teams have shit days all the time.

11. Tar Volon

If we kept Gibbs in check, we’re not letting Rodriguez beat us.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

2 TD favorite.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Also, I feel like Heupel is one of those dudes that finds something about a team to be insulted by and then transfers that to the team.

Then goes out with the plan to embarrass you in front of your kids and momma.

InVolNerable and Memtownvol like this.
  14. Tar Volon

I saw 11 on Twitter, which was roughly what I expected. I’d be surprised by 14, but I also might be behind the curve on how quickly our perception has changed this month.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think he is a steady machine. I don't think he does the "insulted" or "chip on the shoulder" thing. He isn't thinking about the opponents' emotional states either. He just wants to go fast.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  16. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

We need some of those DBs back. Not that any are great but we know that’s a weakness. I don’t expect the Vols to lack preparation at all. But I expect Stoops will try to slow the game down. We need to get off the field quick a few times.

We need to execute cleanly early on put pressure on their offense. If we do I think we can turn Levis over. But we need to be efficient early on.

I haven’t seen any sign of our team not being ready for any game. Logic says you have a flat game or 2. But this team kind of defies logic. The home environment should be great too. I could see a real ugly game if we miss 2-3 throws early that cause a couple punts. Or we could run them out of Neyland.

Just based on what I have seen, I expect 45-24 though Either KY or USCJR is likely to give us a closer than expected game. But I have bad takes and this team has surprised me.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Simmons came back in, I believe

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Rodriguez is a grinder that consistently gets 3 yards before wearing you down. Tennessee does what they do on offense, they can't afford to give him his carries

19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Simmons is overrated. He's the 3rd NT to enter the game. He has huge upside but generally only plays maybe 15 or so snaps to spell Omari Thomas.

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Kentucky blitzes only about 10% of the time. They prefer to sit back and play soft zone. That may limit some of the big chunk plays, but I think Tennessee will be more than fine if Kentucky only rushes four for most of the game.